JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 50th TRU sets reduced, plus a bonus code.  (Read 6416 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
50th TRU sets reduced, plus a bonus code.
« on: February 15, 2015, 06:54:48 AM »

So.

Currently TRU has dropped the prices on the 50th anniversary sets.  On their website the following is the pricing now:

Battle Below Zero set:  $29.98
Danger at the Docks: $24.98
3 packs: $19.98
2 packs: $14.98

Not a bad price drop, especially on the vehicle sets...............HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!

There is a code currently available online for orders of $40 or more to get $10 off.

The code is CineplexHoliday  (type it as I wrote it exactly, capitalization matters).  Apparently the code only works once, but I found that if you do another order as a new customer and just re-enter your info, it lets the code work a second time.

NOW.....the code works for orders over $40, so you can't do $39.98 and get the discount.  However I did manage to get the BBZ set and a 2pack for $44.98, then with the code it was $34.98 and with tax (and free shipping) it came out to $39.50.  Did the same thing for a DatD set and a 3pack, for the same price.

So for $79.00 I was able to get 4 vehicles and 9 figures instead of the original retail price which was $146.85, almost 47% off.

SWEET!!!!!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 50th TRU sets reduced, plus a bonus code.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »

Nice! I already had all the sets but I picked up a couple of the Heat Viper sets and one more of the Sniper sets. The code helped as well.

Thank you!
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:01:37 AM »

Nice! I already had all the sets but I picked up a couple of the Heat Viper sets and one more of the Sniper sets. The code helped as well.

Thank you!

Not a problem.  Always nice to be able to get a deal and pass along the info to the group.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 07:53:24 PM »

Thanks for the Heads Up on this!
Lurking

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »

Now that they're cutting the prices with so much stock left I'm getting the distinct feeling they're not going to release the later figs in Canada....

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 06:52:07 PM »

Thanks for the info Canprime! I just took advantage of the offer and bought 2 dolls from the movie Frozen for my girls, and those toys aren't cheap ;-) . Thanks again for the headsup Buddy! 
2 + 2 = 22

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 04:31:36 AM »

Now that they're cutting the prices with so much stock left I'm getting the distinct feeling they're not going to release the later figs in Canada....

The only set not on the site is the Snow Job/Arctic BAT.  They have all the other figures.  Granted it's crappy not to have that set since it is a cool army builder, but it is the only one missing.

Also I took a quick look and TRU.com has only the Lady Jaye/Baroness and Snow Job/Arctic BAT figures ($9.99US damn that's a good price) and the vehicle sets which are actually more expensive that TRU.ca ($29.99 and $39.99).

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »

Lady Jaye/Baroness is no longer showing on the web page.

I got my order yesterday but one of my Heat Vipers had a broken leg. Pete swung by and we were talking as I opened one of my Heat Viper and boom, his leg stayed in the package. I just swung by TRU on my way from work and swapped it out. There was 1 Sniper pack left in K-W's TRU. The rest was all Heat Viper.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 06:48:46 PM »

My Arctic Bat's head broke off at the neck when I tried to move it. The ball is stuck in the head and his extra hand is the right one, no left.  I just glued the head back on permanently.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 05:33:52 AM »

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRU is now running a BOGO (Buy One, Get One) sale on clearance items.  Which includes 50th stuff. 

Buy any clearance item and get 1/2 off the second clearance item.  Of course that means the cheaper item will be 1/2 off.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!

The CineplexHoliday code still works (until the end of March apparently) for $10 off any order over $40.  So you can also apply the code to the order.  (I tried it, TWICE, and it worked both times).  The only "scam" part is that TRU charges the tax based on the original price (before the $10 code).  So it isn't exactly what it seems, however I still managed to get 2 DatD sets for less than $20 each after tax, and 2 BBZ sets for $21.xx after tax (and free shipping). 

I don't think I should have been able to use the code for the DatD sets since they were under $40 before tax, but I think the sale combined with the code threw off TRU's online system.

Either way, here's your chance to get an even better deal than before!!!!!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »

Thanks for the heads up! I noticed if I add two Viper Pit packs it's not $40.00 ($19.98 + $9.99) but when you add something like a pack of crayons washable crayons ($4.49) the second Viper Pit pack is now $12.24. I added an expensive Lego set and it's back to $9.99.

Something goofy is going on with their BOGO calculator.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 04:20:35 PM »

Thanks for the heads up! I noticed if I add two Viper Pit packs it's not $40.00 ($19.98 + $9.99) but when you add something like a pack of crayons washable crayons ($4.49) the second Viper Pit pack is now $12.24. I added an expensive Lego set and it's back to $9.99.

Something goofy is going on with their BOGO calculator.

Yeah I noticed that as well after doing some more looking.  In the end, even with the screwy set up I saved almost $20 more after tax with the code and the BOGO. 

The funny thing is I did the calculation on everything I have bought (50th) on TRU.ca since my first post and it is crazy.  Here what it breaks down to if I evenly distribute the cost amongst everything:

12 vehicles (3 Cobra Wolf, 3 Ghost Hawk, 3 Vamp, 3 Night Landing)
17 figures (3 Ice Viper, 3 SE, 3 Flint, 3 Eels, Lowlight, Night Viper, Viper, Trooper & Beach Head)

Grand total of 29 items for $155.21 (or $5.35 each).  Not too bad per figure, but definitely a steal per vehicle.