JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Other Collectible Stuff?  (Read 11811 times)

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« on: March 06, 2004, 12:46:34 AM »

I'm curious as to what other toy-related items that you guys collect.  Since we're all in Canada (well, most of us) and we can't get...well...pretty much anything in the way of toy lines, I want to know what else besides Joes that you stick with, stuck with or are trying to stick with.

Like I'm new into the Marvel Legends, but they are so hard to get in Canada, but they are so cool, its a win-lose situation but I'm still trying to keep up.  Not to mention the X-men classics line and others like that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 01:55:08 PM »

Master of the Universe

Star Wars

These two are tough to collect anywhere...but none the less even harder in Canada...Heman has not even existed since the Whiplash wave and the last Star Wars around here was more than a year ago....kind of sucks when you have the money but can not spend it...!!!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 05:58:05 PM »

Re issues of the new Transformers and a couple of the McFarlane figures that are from Toronto or Pittsburgh teams.  Other than that keeping up with the new GI JOES.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 01:13:18 AM »

I don't really collect any modern toys save the odd new He-Man fig. Besides Joe, i'm a big vintage SW collector, i dabble in Transformers and Japanese Robots, i like a lot of misc 80s lines, Super Hero stuff, Lego and pretty much anything else that looks cool.
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 11:54:35 AM »

The  only other toy line  that   i  currently collect now  is   the Beast wars  Tfs.. and i'm  just  shooting  basically for the repaints now and the  remakes  of the BW stuff in Energon and ARmada ....

Joes are  my  tip top  priority now :)
Zinthos.

Squishy Duck Man

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 04:43:04 PM »

Marvel Legends are easy to find around here, and I keep up with them fairly well, given my financial situation.  Just picked up Beast & Punisher yesterday...
Squishy Duck Man

A Canadian philosopher once obvserved - HEY!  SOMEONE\'S MAKIN\' DONUTS!

Metro

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 11:14:46 PM »

Just some random McFarlane figures really.  No specific line or what have you though.  I can't wait until the Countess Bathory figure is released.

Other than that, I dabbled in the Japanese TF reissues - Prowl, Red Alert, Inferno, Jazz & Sideswipe.  All I need now is a Ratchet.

Collectorman

• View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 07:35:09 PM »

I have a little bit of everything. I was collecting MotU...but that's friggin impossible anymore with my budget. I pick up the odd Star Wars if I can find one...my last one was Durge.

Heroclix is another passion. I love the damned things but none of my friends play and I can't stand some overweight 13 year old kid yelling/spitting in my face about rules BS at the local comic shops. I collect them mostly in the hopes of a display.

My Marvel Legends figures are held in the same esteem as Joes to me. They're awesome...amazing...every thing I've ever wanted from Marvel.

My first great love is comic books. 18 small boxes and counting. I HATE the thoughts of moving...

I recently started to collect Maxim/Stuff/Maxim Blender/FHM/Playboy magazines. I love women, sooo...  :D
UCK!

Deadshot

• View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 07:40:28 PM »

heh then you'd loathe the though of moving my 32 long boxes full of comics .

heck I  even loathe that idea!
Zinthos.

Collectorman

• View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 05:55:25 PM »

:shock:

32 boxes...wow...
UCK!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 07:38:35 PM »

I use to collect Star Wars before fully focusing on GIJoe. There are some Japanese imported toys that interest me like Material Force (finally won an auction), DOA Volleyball girls, and Capcom.

Street Fighter and GIJoe are the only comic titles I would normally buy, and I'd buy random titles that please my eyes like Kyle Baker's Plastic Man and Optic Nerve.

I don't know if paint brushes and acrylic tubes would be considered collectibles, but they are normally bought by me.

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
    • View Profile
Other Collectible Stuff?
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 08:29:05 PM »

I like old video game systems like Colecovision, Intellivion, Atari, Telstar, etc and all the cartridiges that go with them.  

I love the old 70's and 80's toys by MEGO.  Mike has some cool MEGO stuff on disply at BHT, and whether it's the 8 inch superheroes, or the 3 3/4 Dukes of Hazzard figures, it's allll good.  

I do collect Joe, but only vintage with the cut-off being 1993.  The new stuff, well, if I owned a store and spent the better part of 2 weeks going through a huge collection that i'd just bought, then I might have a new found appreciation for it (Hi Mike!) ...but otherwise, it's just not "MY" Joe.

Aside from that, it's mostly kitchy pop culture-from-my-youth pieces that catch my eye:  A boxed MC Hammer  that I got for $5  at a show, boxed Mork and Mindy dolls, Knight Rider's KITT car with Hasellhoff figure, Smash Up Derby...stuff like that...
Wherever you go, there you are.