JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Pursuit of Cobra @ Wal Mart  (Read 96051 times)

sylum69

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Pursuit of Cobra @ Wal Mart
« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2011, 03:55:12 AM »

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and joined specifically for finding PoC figures. These figures are just gorgeous and I love them but is it just me or are they obnoxiously difficult to find? I mean moreso than other high demand figures.

Anyways, I usually frequent the Walmart at Runnymede and St. Clair since it's close to me and I've had mixed experiences. At first I thought they just weren't carrying many figures - then one morning I had to stop in an lo and behold they had 3 pegs filled with figures. I picked up the ones I needed and left. I went back to Walmart two days later and EVERYTHING was picked clean (vehicles as well). So I'm not so sure now if it's Walmart simply not ordering frequently enough or if it's simply a case of there being several other collector's around. I'll update their stock if I see any.

Does anyone know what the stock is like at the Sherway Walmart?

Someone mentioned Walmart at Dufferin Mall a few weeks ago, does anyone know how stock is now? Is it consistant?

I just picked up a w3 Duke and SS as well as a snow cutter at 400/7 Walmart. That was the last of the Joe stuff.

EDIT* Simple question - Has anyone written to Walmart Canada and Hasbro about the lack of stock?

Also, I picked up the AWE last week and when I got home I noticed that Night Fox didn't come with a neckerchief. Anyone else have this problem? I know some people online were complaining about it interfereing with his vest so I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro changed it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 04:38:57 AM by sylum69 »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2011, 06:06:58 AM »

Quote from: "sylum69"
Anyways, I usually frequent the Walmart at Runnymede and St. Clair since it's close to me and I've had mixed experiences. At first I thought they just weren't carrying many figures - then one morning I had to stop in an lo and behold they had 3 pegs filled with figures. I picked up the ones I needed and left. I went back to Walmart two days later and EVERYTHING was picked clean (vehicles as well). So I'm not so sure now if it's Walmart simply not ordering frequently enough or if it's simply a case of there being several other collector's around. I'll update their stock if I see any.

EDIT* Simple question - Has anyone written to Walmart Canada and Hasbro about the lack of stock?

Also, I picked up the AWE last week and when I got home I noticed that Night Fox didn't come with a neckerchief. Anyone else have this problem? I know some people online were complaining about it interfering with his vest so I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro changed it.

This a problem across the board.  Perhaps you should post a wanted topic so people can help you find what you need.

I don't think I'd mind if mine didn't have the hanky - it is more of a nuisance.  I'd be happier if the cap stayed on though.  It's looser than Flint's beret on Renegades.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2011, 08:08:30 AM »

Hey Slum69,
Keep Posting on the Walmarts you are able to visit.  We only post if we find something, otherwise this thread would be filled with thousands of pages of "no stock yet".   :lol:
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 01, 2011, 08:14:10 AM »

One more thing Slum69,

Most of us have given up with walmart, so we order the waves from our Sponsors of this site... you can see them on the mainpage of this site.
Lurking

Bulman66

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 02, 2011, 11:10:26 AM »

Yep. Been there done that man.
Got the "Steel Marauder Mobile Mech Suit" for $24Cdn.
It was the very last one they had too.
I was thrilled knowing how hard this one is to come
accross already. Yo Joe

Gerjurdking

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2011, 05:20:17 PM »

I found myself in Richmond Hill at the Highway 7 and High Tech Road Wal Mart and lo and behold I found my first wave 3 figures. It looks like they had about three cases but someone (of course) beat me to the Shock Troopers. I did pick up a Snake Eyes and Duke and plenty remained including this nugget....

Unreal that this sort of stuff occurs. Anyhow, I would have loved to get my hands on a Shock Trooper (just looking for two). It looks like if I do find them it will be a complete fluke.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »

I thought PoC was hard to repack?  I guess this guy is real good or as usual they did not check! From the Pic it looks good...
Lurking

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »

Someones been doing swaps buying star wars toys and replacing them with RoC Joes at zellers in richmond hill. I wonder if it's the same scumbag. I've told the zellers staff twice and showed them. Hopefully they're actually paying some attention now. And the tape jobs on the ones I saw were horrrible. Not even trying to be discrete about it.  ???

Gerjurdking

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 05, 2011, 09:31:26 PM »

The right side of the bubble is heavily taped. He either knew the person who works at customer service or the rep was sleeping/blind/intoxicated/etc.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 05, 2011, 09:34:54 PM »

Quote from: "Gerjurdking"
...intoxicated

:lol: hehe.. yes, probably!... and I hate that Night Creeper!!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 05, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
...intoxicated
:lol:

Oh com' on can't you take a joke....
Lurking

sylum69

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »

I found myself in Richmond Hill at the Highway 7 and High Tech Road Wal Mart and lo and behold I found my first wave 3 figures. It looks like they had about three cases but someone (of course) beat me to the Shock Troopers.

Just out of curiosity how many pegs were there? Someone said earlier that their Walmat removed their GI Joe pegs. It was replied by someone who said that Walmart was not dropping GI Joe. I only ask because I just noticed the Walmart by me JUST remove their Joe pegs. I always thought they sold well.

:cobra:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:32:09 PM by sylum69 »