JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New Collector's Toy Store in Montreal opened Since October 1st!  (Read 4037 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
New Collector's Toy Store in Montreal opened Since October 1st!
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:33:49 PM »

Hey everyone,

I just discovered this neat place called TOY WARS. It's located in Montreal, along the Decarie Highway and it's been opened since October first. The adress is 5535 blvd Decarie, near corner Dupuis.

There's lots of gijoe 25th anniversary figures, carded and loose. I saw many hard to spot like Snowjob, Lady Jaye, and even a San Diego Cobra Commander on Podium exclusive!!! It was just too much for me. And his prices were good for the most part, expecially on hard to find figures.

The owner's name is Steve and he's very cool too. So check it out if you're passing by!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: New Collector's Toy Store in Montreal opened Since October 1st!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 04:58:26 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Hey everyone,

I just discovered this neat place called TOY WARS. It's located in Montreal, along the Decarie Highway and it's been opened since October first. The adress is 5535 blvd Decarie, near corner Dupuis.

Do you know his website address to see inventory and prices?

Thanks!

Martin

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:17:49 PM »

Hey man, LOL  ;D

The guy just opened a new store! C'mon, seriously, he told me that he was just starting to set up. He doesn't have an online store or webpage yet. I did ask him about it, I just forgot to mention it here. Anything from 25th that you would be dying for? I could go anytime on thursdays or fridays, check if he has it and pick it up for you if it's in your price range. Just shoot me a PM, it'd be great to give a hand to those that can't seem to find the time to go there. It's in my way back from work anyway.
2 + 2 = 22

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »

Latinjoe,
Thanks. Nice find.  I manage to make a visit there today. I met Steve, he's a real chill guy. Picked up some figs.

He's got some wave 10 figs and previous waves and a couple of the latest comic packs. There's also some loose figs. Prices are reasonable for the most part.

Like Latinjoe said, he just started up not too long ago and I don't mind supporting local hobby shops.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 12:14:23 AM »

You're very welcome Madman, Steve is indeed a great guy. He has an extensive inventory of 80's gi joe for the very most part complete, and it goes without saying, a shitload of 25th stuff to the newer comic packs, as well as cool selection of those figures out of the package for those who are looking for specific characters.

Transformers, He-man, Star Trek, X-men, Star Wars, the list goes on. The guy even carries a good quantity of Medicom and Sideshow Star Wars collectibles, as well as some of those cool and discontinued loose Star Wars Unleashed figures ranging from 15-20$, that's pretty hard to beat.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 12:54:01 PM »

Was yesterday at Toy Wars, if something of interest to anyone, I saw some loose 25th items complete:

Red Hiss tank w/ hiss driver

Blue trubble bubble w/ Cobra Commander

Skyhawk w/ Lift-Ticket

I also saw a loose General Hawk from the latest Joe 5-pack, and a Zartan & Storm Shadow from the corresponding Cobra 5-pack, sorry I'm not good with wave identifications....25th is not my strenght  :(
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 07:27:26 PM »

Apparently the Store opening of Toy Wars was precisely on September 28th of 2008, so on monday the store will be a year old. For those interested, the store is having on that one day only an additional 20% off everything. I'm not sure I'll be able to go after work but you should check it out if you have a chance.  :cobra:
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 01:02:57 PM »

Unfortunetaly, I had to head home fast that day so I missed the 1 one day special. Did anyone get a chance at something?

I know that the store had a vintage Black Hole figure mint on card, and it's no longer there...anyone from the boards that picked it up?
2 + 2 = 22