JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: O-rings in Mtl?  (Read 4278 times)

snowed_in

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
O-rings in Mtl?
« on: July 14, 2009, 10:12:06 PM »

Hey Montrealers, where do you guys get your spare parts like o-rings and tiny screws (to test in outer space). Or is it an ebay monopoly thing?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: O-rings in Mtl?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:26:47 PM »

Hey,
I know im not in montreal, but i get my replacement o-rings from my local plumbing store, or home depot, and home hardware also has the required size, which i belive is 3/4. If you have a good/decent used one and take it in to the hardware store they can match the size for you.
As for the screws, same thing take them to the local hardware store and they can match it for you.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

snowed_in

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 01:33:45 AM »

Ya that`s what I was thinking, but when I went to Canadian Tire there was nothing. I`ll take your advice and check out other hardware stores. Maybe it was just the typically ignorant CT employees. No offence if anyone works there :), it`s just that I notced that the average joe knows more about their products than do their  employees.

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:06:13 AM »

can you let us know if you end up finding anything, as I would love to have a few extra o-rings lying around.

Thanks

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 11:41:33 AM »

Quote from: "snowed_in"
Ya that`s what I was thinking, but when I went to Canadian Tire there was nothing. I`ll take your advice and check out other hardware stores. Maybe it was just the typically ignorant CT employees. No offense if anyone works there :), it`s just that I noticed that the average joe knows more about their products than do their  employees.

Hi,

I bought some o-rings a long time ago on Smalljoes and I'm still on that supply. When I won't have anymore, I will do like what Dodge822 said... I will go to RONA or R?no D?p?t. You will find o-rings in the plumber section and screws in the general screws section...  :wink:

Martin

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 12:14:30 PM »

I never did manage to find an exact match for the screws, even when I brought them in to a place that sells nothing but screws and fasteners.  If someone comes across a place that has them, please post what size they are and where they were found.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »

i got my screws from home depot 2 years ago, but if they dont have them in stock they can order them.
i do have some extras along with o-rings, and t bars for the legs.

If all else fails, pick up the cheaper joe look alikes, eg. the corps figures, and take the o-ring and screws out of them, they are the same.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »

I know for a fact that I once went to the major reno stores and found out they were more expensive for the O-rings compared to this seller I found on Ebay.

I bought a lot of 100 O-rings from Atrevizo1 on Ebay ages ago and I still have a quarter of it left.

They're very good rings from what I can tell you, not the cheapest around, but I used quite a bunch to realize they are strong and durable so price is worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/G-I-Joe-100-O-rings-GI-JOE-3-3-4-free-s-h_W0QQitemZ310022955215QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item482ecee0cf&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

If anybody has tried other ebay sellers' o-rings for Joe and was really satisfied, let us know!

As for the screws I never bothered looking for a good supplier, I just recycled them from broken Joes.

-LJ22
2 + 2 = 22