JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Montreal Comic Con May 9th  (Read 3690 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Montreal Comic Con May 9th
« on: May 01, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »

This might come as short notice but I will be helping out a friend at the Montreal Comic Con on May 9th (Yes, Mother's Day) and bring a few loose small SW and Joes. But not the big pieces as I won't have a full table to myself.

For more info, check it out here:

http://www.montrealcomiccon.com/home.htm#gi

I will however be bringing my 2009 Canadian Joe Convention set with box #75 and my extra loose complete Frostback trooper with/without filecard, all for SALE. 'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Montreal Comic Con May 9th
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:11:35 AM »

Comic book artist Chris Claremont will be the main guest at this Montreal Comic Con.

So be sure to bring some good ol' Marvel comics to have them signed.

For those who'll decide to stop by, you'll recognize me next to a very good friend of mine who'll have a lot of vintage and newer action figures for 10 bucks each or 5 for 40 bucks.
2 + 2 = 22

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »

I'll be there with a few friends!  If you don't recognize me, don't worry.  A suspicious-looking stranger will extend a gloved hand towards you and call you "Tunnel Rat." ;D
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 10:12:21 PM »

Quote from: "SnakeEyesOnAPlane"
I'll be there with a few friends!  If you don't recognize me, don't worry.  A suspicious-looking stranger will extend a gloved hand towards you and call you "Tunnel Rat." ;D

Nice to have surprised you at the Con buddy! Looks like I found you first. Actually, just before finding you, "somebody" I spoke to over there told me you were coming... ;D. Some Dude from Hisstank who lurks on Joecanuck  :lol:. I told him I couldn't believe he's from here and he hasn't signed in as a Joecanuck. I gave him a flyer, so tell him to make sure not to forget to join  :wink: I'm counting on you.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:29:07 AM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 01:10:35 PM »

I thought I'd give an insight of the great deals I found this weekend at the Comic Con.

The 3 Star Wars softcover books of the Art of A New Hope, ESB and ROTJ, all for 2$ each. And they are in pristyne condition. This was for my brother of course, and he couldn't believe it was a steal when I called him from the Con to tell him the news.

Joe side, there was not much JOES, but I found an unbroken piece for my Bridgelayer (1$)and for the Cobra Jet pack(1$), as well as an unbroken and very clean Silver Mirage(2$) that I got to upgrade my broken one, and it still had the both headlights which I was missing, and a very rare Transformers-like black robot wristwatch, also unbroken that I got to upgrade mine (1$).
2 + 2 = 22

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 12:20:46 AM »

You got those for $2 each?! :o
Thanks for chillin' and chattin'.  One of my favourite parts about conventions is running into friends and you are no exception!
I'm amazed by the condition of the G.I. Joe #1 I got.  The colours are so bright and crisp that I can't believe it's older than I am!  I'm planning my costume for next time.  If all works well, I'll be able to 'beta test' it at Halloween and wear it to the next 'con.  Here's hoping!
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 12:30:24 AM »

Quote from: "SnakeEyesOnAPlane"
You got those for $2 each?! :o
Thanks for chillin' and chattin'.  One of my favourite parts about conventions is running into friends and you are no exception!
I'm amazed by the condition of the G.I. Joe #1 I got.  The colours are so bright and crisp that I can't believe it's older than I am!  I'm planning my costume for next time.  If all works well, I'll be able to 'beta test' it at Halloween and wear it to the next 'con.  Here's hoping!

Or... Beta test it at CanJoeCon.  :shifty: