JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Carpooling: From Montreal to Toronto for the 2011 CJC  (Read 6533 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Carpooling: From Montreal to Toronto for the 2011 CJC
« on: March 15, 2011, 10:34:25 PM »

Since my partner from the last two years, LatinJoe22 himself, is no longer a fan of the CJC, don't want to be member of this board anymore and should no longer keep his Timbits...  :shifty: I have few seats available in my car for the 2011 CJC.

Here is the plan:
  • June 17 (Friday, night): Living Montreal
  • June 18 (Saturday, morning): Arriving in Toronto
  • June 18: Enjoying the CJC
  • June 18: Sleeping at the hotel
  • June 19 (Sunday, morning): Leaving Toronto

PM me (French or English) to reserve your place and to talk about sharing gas and hotel room costs.

Martin
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:56:38 PM by martin-montreal »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Carpooling: From Montreal to Toronto for the 2011 CJC
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »

Because I was asked too....

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:16:21 AM by bandonov »
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 09:16:25 AM »

These are the people that went last year.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »

This is your seat on the way home if you do not pay Martin on time...

Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »

Martin makes you do community service first before you get approved to carpool with him...

Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:29:38 AM »

Book early with Martin as you may get the back seat...

Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:32:18 AM »

If you are going to wear a costume, you have to wear it during the drive to Toronto...

Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 09:38:30 AM »

At the end of the Car Pool you are required to fill out a Customer Service Survey...

Lurking

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »

Lurking

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 08:17:02 PM »

1 place left... Who will be the lucky one  ;D

Martin

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"

Martin

I'm going to the CJC this year but not with Martin-Montreal due to my plans beeing different this year.

For those of you who are still thinking of going: Martin has one spot left. If you're in the Montreal area, this is perhaps your best chance to attend the best GI JOE experience accross Canada. And once you'll get there, you'll find the Joes you're looking for at great deals, so your trip will have been totally worth it.

My feedback:

I had great time during the car ride with Martin and the other passengers. Once we got to the convention, it was fun from beginning to the end: meeting great people, looking for the toys on my want list, or meeting friendly dealers. Plus there is the exclusive convention figures and comic book that you can purchase, and they are GREAT. The guests are also very resourceful, and they do care about Joe fans. We had a wonderful time eating supper at the restaurant nextdoor with some fellow Joequebecks ( Just came up with that funny name  ;D ) at 2-3 minutes walking distance from the hotel. The menu is great, prices are very reasonable (10-13$) and everybody loved what they ordered. Plus no one is boring when they talk about Gi joe, in French or in English.

And if you want to truly enjoy a great weekend, I'm sure you can discuss with Martin about the possibility of booking a Hotel room for the night after the convention and leave rested the next morning. Rates are more than reasonable and hotel rooms are spacious and very confortable. Last year, we were four to split the ride/room: so to give you an idea the hotel costed 112$ tx included, and it came to 28$ each.

So discover the Joecanuck in you if you haven't already, and come to the June 18th Canadian Gi joe convention, you won't regret it. If you're in the Montreal area, contact Martin-Montreal, I personally recommend.
2 + 2 = 22

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 01:29:58 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Quote from: "martin-montreal"

Martin

I'm going to the CJC this year but not with Martin-Montreal due to my plans beeing different this year.

For those of you who are still thinking of going: Martin has one spot left. If you're in the Montreal area, this is perhaps your best chance to attend the best GI JOE experience accross Canada. And once you'll get there, you'll find the Joes you're looking for at great deals, so your trip will have been totally worth it.

My feedback:

I had great time during the car ride with Martin and the other passengers. Once we got to the convention, it was fun from beginning to the end: meeting great people, looking for the toys on my want list, or meeting friendly dealers. Plus there is the exclusive convention figures and comic book that you can purchase, and they are GREAT. The guests are also very resourceful, and they do care about Joe fans. We had a wonderful time eating supper at the restaurant nextdoor with some fellow Joequebecks ( Just came up with that funny name  ;D ) at 2-3 minutes walking distance from the hotel. The menu is great, prices are very reasonable (10-13$) and everybody loved what they ordered. Plus no one is boring when they talk about Gi joe, in French or in English.

And if you want to truly enjoy a great weekend, I'm sure you can discuss with Martin about the possibility of booking a Hotel room for the night after the convention and leave rested the next morning. Rates are more than reasonable and hotel rooms are spacious and very confortable. Last year, we were four to split the ride/room: so to give you an idea the hotel costed 112$ tx included, and it came to 28$ each.

So discover the Joecanuck in you if you haven't already, and come to the June 18th Canadian Gi joe convention, you won't regret it. If you're in the Montreal area, contact Martin-Montreal, I personally recommend.

All that love from LJ, what a great recommendation!
Lurking