JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: The Quebec After-Canjoecon  (Read 10278 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
The Quebec After-Canjoecon
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:55:50 AM »

How was your weekend?

Good I hope. Mine was so-so. You see, last weekend was the ultimate CanJoeCon experience. And now that it's over and I'll have to wait a whole other year until the next one, well I am suffering big time Con Withdrawal.

Alright, let's get down to the real topic of discussion. Would anyone be in to go have a few drinks, enjoy some delicious nachos (one of the best all-dressed in Montreal, approved by the LJ himself ) and perhaps dinner?

There's this cool café-pub "Café Ciné-Express" located in Downtown Montreal which I've been to a couple of times. Service is great, waitresses are friendly and the atmosphere quite lively. Food is good, and prices are affordable. They have a big soft seating lounge area that is really neat for a medium to large group like us. Not to forget that all this is at 5 minutes walk from the Guy-Concordia Metro station (St-Matthieu exit).

Here's a link for anyone who wants to know about the place.

http://http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=fr&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=939&bih=558&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cin%C3%A9+caf%C3%A9+montr%C3%A9al+qc&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=cin%C3%A9+caf%C3%A9&hnear=0x4cc91a541c64b70d:0x654e3138211fefef,Montr%C3%A9al,+QC&ei=oAUITtqXHebs0gGgx5n_Cg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&iwloc=cids:14622318670437261643

I propose two dates. Thursday July 7th at 6PM. Or Saturday July 9th at Noon. Personnally I prefer Saturday because some people would be less rushing to go home after work during the week especially if they live outside of Montreal.

To make sure that everyone gets an invitation, I'll send a PM to those who introduced themselves on the community thread started by Martin Montreal. Since I can't guess who are all the Canuckleheads that are in the area, I'll trust my better judgement that someone will tell them about this thread, or that they will find it on their own until then.

Hope we can meet!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:53:26 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: The Quebec After-Canjoecon
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 10:50:11 AM »

I'd be up for it, but Saturday's out for me, I'm at a wedding in Tremblanc. Thursday's probably doable, though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 02:05:49 PM »

Thanks Scramble.

As for everybody else, look into your message inbox, you should've received by now a PM from me. July 1st I will announce here the official date and time that we will meet.
2 + 2 = 22

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »

Crud.  I think I might have a prior engagement on the Saturday.  Not sure yet since my friends haven't finalized the date yet... ::)
Thursday's good for me and I think the Saturday might be as well, but I'm not 100% sure yet.  The location and times sound great, though.  Hope to see you guys there!
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Surnis

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:19:59 PM »

Both dates are ok by me. I'll try to find some other reason to get to Montreal so I don't pay the trip just for that, but it would be nice to have another conversation with joe fans.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »

I'll be there for sure! I don't have any problems with Thursday nor Saturday..

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 11:58:42 AM »

Should I bring something?  Box of Timbits? :timbits:
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »

Sorry for my one day later post. I spent the entire day outside with my family yesterday so anyway:

Thursday July 7th at 6PM is now confirmed.

Those who didn't RSVP, we're always glad if you can be part of the fun. Hope to see you there!
2 + 2 = 22

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »

Erg, my schedule just changed on me and I won't be able to make it this week. LatinJoe, if you want to make this a regular thing, I'd love to help organize the next one.
Updated!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 11:27:44 PM »

First I'd like to announce that a good buddy of Madman and I will be joining us as well for the thursday evening. He's a big Joe fan who isn't a member of this forum yet (although he's taking his time I find! LOL). He also came to the CanjoeCon once with Martin-Montreal, Madman, Surnis and I, so some of you may find him familiar.

Second, I'd like to apologize if you all receive an individual invitation. I couldn't manage at the time to send a group invitation, and for some reason wasn't able to PM more than 3 people at the time. Also Martin-Montreal once pointed out to me "why are you speaking to this guy now in english if you know that you usually communicate in french between the two of you". For those who don't remember when you signed up to the thread, he actually set up a system for each of us to know what is our preferred language of communication. This I completely forgot  for issues of timing ( I actually sent all the invitations during my lunch break). Anyway, there's always a next time... mais pour l'instant, je voudrais m'excuser pour la communication trop précipitée de ma part. Je vous promets que la prochaine fois sera la bonne façon, et surtout en français et en anglais. Alors, ceci dit: Ya-hou!!!

Le Joe Latin  :shifty:
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »

Not a problem Scramble, thanks. PM sent as well.
2 + 2 = 22

Surnis

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 09:35:41 AM »

So how many are coming so far? From the posts, that seems to mean 5 persons?