JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: I Miss New Joe Stuff  (Read 6239 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
I Miss New Joe Stuff
« on: August 16, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »

As a guy who has never been partial to Con exclusive stuff I have to say that I miss new Joe stuff at retail. 

That is all.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: I Miss New Joe Stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 11:05:25 AM »

Yeah it blows.

Especially since TRU Canada blew it over ordering the 50th and as such we got nothing last year and now nothing from the limited figures TRU US is getting this year.

Honestly I don't get why Hasbro doesn't push repaints of subgroups (vehicle and figure) that were never done during the 25th/modern era.  Instead they keep doing weird colour/be choices, especially for vehicles.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 09:35:23 PM »

i also miss that thrill of the hunt but it is what it is. I still prefer hunting over ordering on-line or subscription figures and con sets are just way to freakin' expensive. What I don't miss is the scrambling to try and find figures before someone snaps them all just to resell online.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 04:31:32 PM »

I missed out on the 25th Joe stuff that was essentially updates to the original ARAH guys and very cool. Never bothered to track them down since it seemed they released a minimum of 5 repaints/remolds of each character then made some con or collectors club exclusives so they were more expensive than the ARAH originals.

I picked up a few of the newer ones but it quickly seemed to me that the window had passed. Seems they'll need a new movie or show now to re-introduce the line with new or re-imagined characters. I don't suppose that'll draw me in unless the characters have personality like the old 80's toon guys had.

At least the KRE-O stuff was awesome while it lasted.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 05:46:24 PM »

I miss it but my wallet doesn't. ;)

Joking aside, I still buy convention sets and FSS so I still have something to look forward to.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 03:20:11 PM »

I have pretty much moved to more expensive toys the past 4 or so years (hot toys, sideshow, high quality statues).  The past 2 years especially, I kept up with the FSS, but this year for the first time I am not getting the FFS.  Only thing I want this year is the SDCC exclusive, other then that, I am actually pretty happy with my 25th anniversary collection.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

starviper

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://starviper.ca
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 11:46:51 PM »

Especially since TRU Canada blew it over ordering the 50th and as such we got nothing last year and now nothing from the limited figures TRU US is getting this year.

Is this confirmed? Nothing for Canada? Source?