JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Is it my fault or the dealers?  (Read 9005 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Is it my fault or the dealers?
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 10:28:55 PM »

Quote from: "master_stanley"
He should refund your money, if you ask a dealer then he should be truthful if he does not know he should say so. I had a mms on my table many picked it up but every time I pointed out it was repaired. So in the end it didn't sell I keep saying it's been repaired in two spots it's only good for parts. If it was one figure then likely an accident but two looks fishy. I say bring the bellomo book around with you or check before leaving the show. Then you can set it right at the show, always ask to take the figure out of the container to check it anyone can do that with my stuff.
The man speaketh the truth.  He did point out the MMS was repaired!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2010, 11:31:39 AM »

Just as a follow up, I was able to contact the dealer, and not only did he profusely appologize, but also mailed me the correct and missing items this week.  I believe him when he says that it was a mistake, and look forward to purchasing from him again at next years Convention.
Wherever you go, there you are.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 06:00:23 PM »

Quote from: "Radio Guy"
Just as a follow up, I was able to contact the dealer, and not only did he profusely appologize, but also mailed me the correct and missing items this week.  I believe him when he says that it was a mistake, and look forward to purchasing from him again at next years Convention.

Glad that it was settled in the best of ways. I know the seller is a good guy here and off the boards, and I would be ready to vouch for him as the situation requires it. But I just had the confidence it would all work out in the end, so there was never any need for interfering.
2 + 2 = 22

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 07:08:20 PM »

I know the dealer too.I drive out to his house every once and a while to buy joes from him.
(he lives about an hour and a half from me)
He's a great guy with great prices.Glad it all worked out.I knew it would. :cobra:

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 08:54:06 PM »

Quote from: "Bandalero"
There's one dealer I like because he has a well organized and extensive ARAH collection each year.  But he was busy with customers, and this one guy just would not move from the 1988 box - omg, I stood there for 5 minutes watching him and he was oblivious, just sifting through the dealer's goods.  I mean a little consideration is all I ask.  Anyways, the dealer was busy, this other customer was being a jerk, so I asked the helper if he had a figure so I cold speed things up and the dude had no clue - frustrating. I ended up not buying anything from this dealer this year.

I know it can be a stressful environment, but I expect Dealers to know their goods, or at least higher help that are familiar with their goods.  Is that too much to ask?

5 minutes stressed you out?! I would have just sifted through something else for a while. Or asked the guy 'hogging it' if he came across Repeater as he was sifting through.
And the helpers are there to stop things from being stolen or to try their best to help. Probably friends or spouses to keep the dealer company. Just an extra pair of hands.
I think your expectations are unrealistic - it's not a fast food line -it's a toy convention!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:58:35 PM by grunt 4 mvp »
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!