JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: gi joe movie gets weirder....  (Read 4813 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: gi joe movie gets weirder....
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 05:33:56 AM »

Stalker has always been my fave.  To think he will never be featured is a disappointing thought.

Although, once when I called my self Stalker in a game or Laser Quest, the attendant looked up and me and said "Really........." like I had been wathcing her outside of her bedroom or something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »

Wherever you go, there you are.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 02:52:17 PM »

Regardless, die-hard Joe fans (nerds of the highest order) might be upset that the *African-American heavy-metal gunner Roadblock has been replaced with the character Heavy Duty - an EXTREME '90s update of the character (who is apparently Roadblock's son). To most comic book store employees, this is surely a outrageous move, not in the spirit of the original concept, worth logging on to message boards and firing up a storm of indignant vitriol.

Aside from mocking us for having a hobby he doesn't have, Roadblock's son? The hell?
Updated!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 12:07:43 AM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Regardless, die-hard Joe fans (nerds of the highest order) might be upset that the *African-American heavy-metal gunner Roadblock has been replaced with the character Heavy Duty - an EXTREME '90s update of the character (who is apparently Roadblock's son). To most comic book store employees, this is surely a outrageous move, not in the spirit of the original concept, worth logging on to message boards and firing up a storm of indignant vitriol.

Aside from mocking us for having a hobby he doesn't have, Roadblock's son? The hell?

Nerds of the highest order.  Cute.  I bet he took all day to come up with that.  Planting my foot up his ignorant and ill-informed ass would be quicker though.  What a loser.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

sniper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »

Link to Larry Hama interview regarding the movie.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=227&task=videodirectlink&id=710"

Considering Larry is impressed I can't wait!