JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: How many figures should a new transport vehicle hold?  (Read 2334 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
How many figures should a new transport vehicle hold?
« on: December 16, 2011, 07:04:25 PM »

So the gold standard in my opinion is still the original APC.  What, by today's standards, would be considered both a large and boring toy I still see as a classic.

It got me to thinking.  In your opinion what would be a good number of figures for a new transport vehicle to carry?  I figured that a "large" vehicle would probably be cost prohibitive for Hasbro unless it was something closer to a playset/vehicle combo like the republic shuttle from Star Wars.  I know we have had a couple of different transport type vehicles over the years.  The BAT APC, Cobra Ringneck, Rhino even.  However nothing that really captured the old school combo of vehicle and carry case. 

Personally I would think that any new transport would have to have space for at least 12 figures plus 2 "drivers".   Along with at least two small weapons stations or 1 large one.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: How many figures should a new transport vehicle hold?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 07:39:54 PM »

The DTC Night Ops Humvee can hold 9 figures. 4 in the cab( 1 driver), 1 in the turret, 2 standing and 2 seated in the rear--but its not a carrying-case design at all. The R.H.I.N.O. can hold 13 figures, but the standing ones on the side hatches would be awkward.
My feeling is the ideal number would between 8-12 figures, all seated, one being a driver and one being a gunner-because they thing would need to be armed.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 12:01:40 PM »

I like small teams, so a Jeep of Humvee that can hold 5 figures is good enough for me.
The APC will always be a classic and I wish they'd reissue it with maybe some control panels in the back for mission controlers.
Say no to AFA.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 05:57:05 PM »

5 is a good number, like the new vamp.  I wish the Steel Crusher had space in the back for people.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 08:21:54 AM »

My favourite is the Warthog.  6 in the back.  3 in the cockpit.  Perfect number.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »

For me, there's no limit but that's me  ;). I think depending on the size of the transport vehicle, it should carry a propotionally reasonable number of figures. When a vehicle's size can justify carrying five figures and it only allows for two, that's when I could start thinking that it might take too much room on a shelf and even in a collection.
2 + 2 = 22

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »

My favourite is the Warthog.  6 in the back.  3 in the cockpit.  Perfect number.

I like the Warthog too. And the APC. No reason for a land vehicle to only carry one or two in my mind.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!