JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: I need to change my habits.  (Read 2322 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
I need to change my habits.
« on: December 15, 2004, 09:32:55 AM »

After looking at my credit card and seeing what damage waves 4 - 6 have caused plus pre orders for Ninja sets, comic packs and getting help from the U.S. to get a Crimson Sabotage set ordered I've come to realize I need to cut back.
Now I'm not giving up and I still want to be a MOC and loose collector, I think from now on no more army building unless I can get the figures locally (not from the U.S.).  The only thing that I might buy 2 extra figures of is the Viper in classic colours that comes with Gung Ho.
I need to spend money on other things. I haven't even bought the cartoon on DVD yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 11:41:12 AM »

I don't blame you...lately, Hasbro has been releasing some pretty good Joe toys, it doesn't take a completist to buy them. And the line is just getting better and better, just looking at the upcoming wave 7.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 05:46:52 PM »

I am in the same boat Dave, including the foreign figures I buy.  Boxed Mexican figures, straight armed Argentina figures, preproduction figures and a certain funskool Major Bludd popped up within the last few months without budgeting for those items.  Then there is the current stuff.  At least I got my profit share bonus today to off set some of the cost.

But I can't keep at this pace, not any more.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 09:42:18 PM »

It's an addiction that has no cure :lol:
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Mastermind

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 10:59:29 PM »

Wow, can I relate.
I love to army build but can't justify the cost anymore. I've been customizing any old crappy figure I find into more Cobra Infantry or specialized Vipers. I have even turned a ton of those Corps Star Force figures into custom Clone Troopers since ten bucks per Star Wars figure limits my collecting of any kind of Imperial/Republic trooper.
Although I may hate to say it, I'm kind of glad more Joe stuff doesn't find it's way to our shelves.
never know what to say in these things. Think of the most clever thing you\'ve ever heard and then pretend I said it here.