JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Take Down Appreciation Thread  (Read 3848 times)

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Take Down Appreciation Thread
« on: May 19, 2012, 02:58:42 PM »

I just picked up last year's set and am really impressed with Take Down, in particular.  What a cool character and figure.  Very creative.  He is huge, has a bad ass look with the hair and sunglasses, and has a background in MMA.  He is sort of a Dreadnok, meets Slaughter, meets 2012 (or 2011, as it may be).  He is definitely the best of the 2011 vintage, in my view.

I have to free up some space in my cabinet, but he will be prominently and proudly displayed with the rest of my collection very soon.  I know I'm late to the game on this one, but do others have the same love for Take Down?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Take Down Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »

Glad you like him. He is the opposition for Captain Ruin. Loop was the lead on that figure.  ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 02:15:09 PM »

Yes, he is an awesome character.  I definitely like the head sculpt and Canadian arm band.

I can see the connection with Ruin, they both have a similar bad ass vibe.  As it happens, Ruin is probably my second favorite from the set...he sort of looks like an integregator to me.  Definitely looking forward to seeing this years additions to the mythos.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 03:17:10 PM »

Valkyrie was my favourite of last year's set. i thought since Europe had Quarrel and South America had Glenda, it was high time Canada had its own Scarlett redeco and i thought she was great in the convention comic.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »

I liked the Valkyrie figure too....thought it was well done....the color scheme really worked well for her, in my view.

Have not read the comic yet, so I can't speak to the character.  I actually want to read them in order starting in 2009, so I can follow the mythos along with the appropriate time line....though not sure if that matters or not.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 02:08:50 AM »

you just need to make sure you've got both the 2010 and 2011 comics as they collect the Canucklehead strips from the old newsletters and then feature new material with the stuff from that year's set.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 07:54:11 AM »

Valkyrie was my favourite of last year's set. i thought since Europe had Quarrel and South America had Glenda, it was high time Canada had its own Scarlett redeco and i thought she was great in the convention comic.

And her connection to CoD didn't hurt either.  ;) You were right when you made the connection to the last name and WM2. I suggested her code name be Valkyrie because I was playing lots of CoD Black Ops at the time and there was the Valkyrie rockets.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »

heh, i totally forgot about her real name being McTavish...

just hope she doesn't wind up getting killed by Black Ice in the next Con Comic...or stabbed in the chest by some traitor...

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 03:17:10 PM »

you just need to make sure you've got both the 2010 and 2011 comics as they collect the Canucklehead strips from the old newsletters and then feature new material with the stuff from that year's set.

So, if I read the 3 years (2009, 2010 and 2011) will that be the entire mythos, including material from the newsletters?  Or is that more that I need to dig up from old newsletters?  Thanks.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 03:29:03 PM »

that's all the comics by Jason Loo featuring the con characters and the canuckleheads, yes.

Emags

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 07:21:15 AM »

Thanks, Sundance.....got some reading to do!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 02:23:46 PM »

enjoy.