JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: G.I. Joe : Retaliation pushed back to March 2013  (Read 11093 times)

crazylegs

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio of Illustration & Design
Re: G.I. Joe : Retaliation pushed back to March 2013
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2012, 07:56:03 PM »

Bro's

I really don't know what to make from the choice. I just know we all love the franchise and there have been many things the past while that have been shooting it in the foot and this is the biggest one.

As a community and collectors, we will get pass this fight...just as Joe's do in the comics and tv....this is a time that our joe characters would just wait and see what really happens because knowing is half the battle, take it with grace and dignitiy...that doesn't mean you can't be mopey, but it'll pass because this franchise is made of fans that are awesome just like the character we love.

peace and patience.

crazylegs :P
"YO JOESKI!" - Horrorshow

Collection:
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/Crazzylegs/GI%20JOE%20Collection/

Want List:
http:/

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 10:41:44 PM »

Maybe they'll through in the other Joes from the first movie.

Bottom line is it sounds like no Joe movie or cartoon show for quite a while.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 11:49:51 PM »

For a couple of months now........I've had a growing disquieting feeling about the movie.
I loved the trailers just fine, got me stoked.... but something......I couldn't put my finger on it until last week....and even then.....the quality of the trailers didn't let me embrace this idea:

There's not a whole lot of scale here.

[/quote]

You know, you really hit the nail on the head.  I liked the trailer, but you are right, something was off.  Couldn't figure it out, until your post.  The trailers seemed like it was the story of 5 Joes, which is un-Joe like when there are so many great characters.

Moreover, there was somewhat of a lonely feeling about the movie.  Hard to describe, but the Joes get smoked in the first scene (presumably), than we don't know what happens, than they break into Bruce Willis's house in the suburbs and then there is a climax fight scene (presumably).  What do they do most of the time between the first and last scene?  Run?  Hide?  Are they even in the movie?  Seeing Joes sitting around a kitchen table with Bruce Willis planning just seems, sort of lonely and sad...maybe it is just me.

Plus, there is a sort of Sixth Sense about the movie....outside of Roadblock punching FF, we never really see the Joes in the same scene with another person, right?  Again, that just gives it a lonely, Sixth Sense vibe.

I'm not a big fan of the movies where you just follow a few characters on a journey...feels like the Wizard of Oz a bit.  Roadblock, Lady Jaye and Flint could just as easily be Dorothy, the Lion and the Tinman.

Okay, I digress.

Emags

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 11:56:25 PM »

I think I got a little less excited after seeing the 2nd and 3rd versions of the trailer.....u never saw any new scenes.  Yes, I know, they don't want to give everything away.....but I sort of started thinking maybe that was all they had.

Plus, although it looked good for fans, did it really look like an over the top blockbuster?  I don't think so.

I saw a friend of mine tonight who is an artist on movie properties (he does a lot of super hero films).  As soon as I told him about the delay he said, "oh that's not good....that's obviously not the real reason.....they screened it and it must have bombed."  I know we have pretty much established that by now, but figured I would just chime in.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 02:28:30 AM »

Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:45 AM »

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/big-problems-behind-g-i-joe-2s-big-delay/

the real resons for Retaliation's delay?

Sounds as real as anything else we've heard so far.

I will say this, Paramount is baffling.  When I worked in the theatre business almost 10 years ago, they were the only company that didn't put their movies in full 5.1 stereo!!!  They would release action films in basically mono!!!  It never made any sense to us then, and I would guess that if the "prominent player" is true then it hasn't changed much since.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »

3D sucks though. i usually try to avoid it.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.