JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: More guests added to the 2012 Canadian JoeCon!  (Read 8117 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
More guests added to the 2012 Canadian JoeCon!
« on: July 27, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »

Officially confirmed:

Rhys Yorke - Artist, Creator
Rhys has worked in the comic book and the video game industry for a number of companies and projects including Marvel, DC, "G.I. Joe: Reloaded" and "Forgotten Realms" with Devil's Due Publishing. He's also worked on many 80s properties including Battle of the Planets, ThunderCats, and of course, the G.I. Joe comic book franchise as a colourist, inker, and cover artist. He is now hard at work on a graphic novel and video game which is due out in 2013. Rhys will be signing, talking with fans, as well as doing sketches and digital paintings of your favourite Joes!
www.rhysyorke.com

James Kavanaugh Jr - Author
James is a third time Canadian Joe Con attendee and now a first time special guest.  He is traveling from Dayton, OH to promote his new book R.A.H.C. A Guide to Second Generation O-Ring G.I. Joe Action Figures.  He will be hanging out, signing autographs, and most likely indulging the Canucklehead side of life!

What's On Joe Mind Podcast
The WOJM Podcast will once again be on location at the Canadian G.I. Joe Convention recording a special edition of the WOJM podcast. Stop by and say hello, talk some "Joe" - who knows, maybe the guys will pull you online to discuss some of your favourite things about the Canadian G.I. Joe Convention and G.I. Joe in general!

Heroes Force
Heroes Force is a line of action figures produced by promotional products specialty company Think Drink Inc. The initial product offering (First Edition) represented the three branches of the Canadian Military: The army (represented by the figure Sperry); the AirForce (represented by the figure Thibodeau) and the navy (represented by the figure Watson). Each member of armed forces is decorated with the Canadian flag on their uniform and is approximately four inches tall and realistic in all aspects of uniform and gear. The figure is a tribute to the Canadian military, and $1.00 from each figure sold is being donated to the “Soldier On” fund. Initially the product was done as a tribute, but success in its popularity has developed into a series of new figures with military accessories. For a full description of the products unique history and story, visit www.heroesforce.com

We're holding out faith for one more.....

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: More guests added to the 2012 Canadian JoeCon!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »

i've got faith/faith of the heart
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:01:13 PM »

Overall a solid lineup of guests. Fingers are crossed for a Marvel era artist.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »

I'm hoping for a voice actor. Aside from Larry Hama voice actors are my favorite to meet. Meeting Zack Hoffman was one of the coolest moments for me as far as being a Joe fan.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 04:40:35 PM »

Ya know, as much as I'm a bit of a comic snob and was never a big fan of the cartoon, even as a kid, I still appreciate it. And I have a huge appreciation for voice acting. I think it is an under-appreciated skill/art. It's nice to see the actors getting their due these days at cons and on podcasts and the like. They're usually really interesting as guests.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »

I'm hoping for a voice actor. Aside from Larry Hama voice actors are my favorite to meet. Meeting Zack Hoffman was one of the coolest moments for me as far as being a Joe fan.

Same here! I would like to meet Arthur Burghardt (Destro) someday..

roger dodger

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 05:13:52 PM »

Agreed. That would be cool.

Blitzkrieg

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 05:57:22 PM »

Same here! I would like to meet Arthur Burghardt (Destro) someday..

I'm definitely part of the voice actor fanbase too. I'd even take an obscure tertiary character like Sparks or Colonel Sharp.

Blitzkrieg

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »

If only I could  meet fantastic voice actors like Burgess Meredith or shake the hand of Chris Lata, my days as a Joe fan would be complete.
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »

If only I could  meet fantastic voice actors like Burgess Meredith or shake the hand of Chris Lata, my days as a Joe fan would be complete.

Walk across a busy highway with your eyes closed... you just might get your wish!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »

Great Line Up!  I hope they brought enough action figures as I'm sure they will sell fast!
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »

Walk across a busy highway with your eyes closed... you just might get your wish!

I Don't think they would come to my service if I did that. I'm not a celebrity.

Edit: Back on topic, will Bellmore be there so that I could ask him if he still has copies of his first edition guide?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:38:05 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22