JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2012 Canadian G.I. Joe Convention Figure Set  (Read 10661 times)

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
2012 Canadian G.I. Joe Convention Figure Set
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »

Canadian G.I. Joe Convention 2012 - Exclusive Figure Set

Hey everyone, Thought some of you might see an overview of this year's con set done by Madman and myself.
I hope the provided link works. If not you can view it directly from my YouTube channel, youtube.com/user/JoeNerd11

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: 2012 Canadian G.I. Joe Convention Figure Set
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:14:03 PM »

Nice guys!

One thing?... Why didn't you put HAGAR on the stand? EVERY HAGAR had a hole drilled in his foot to fit on a stand!

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:14:45 PM »

Nice guys!

One thing?... Why didn't you put HAGAR on the stand? EVERY HAGAR had a hole drilled in his foot to fit on a stand!

Really? Cool! I didn't know that..
Btw nice review guys!

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 08:36:30 PM »

Nice guys!

Mike, you're absolutely right. I just double checked. Chalk it up to it being a long day and a very dim hotel room hahaha.

We kind of put the review together quickly so everyone could get a nice look at the set. It's something no one really does each year. We wanted to give it some love and show appreciation for all your hard work and those involved.

If you take a look at JoeNerd's other vidoes, he's actually pretty good and the quality is usually better.

It might be something we do every year  :)

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 09:49:53 PM »

Nice guys!

Oh dang it, :o
We should have known you guys wouldn't let that detail go unnoticed.

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:47:43 PM »

Hey guys, great review!  Very interesting.  Now guys, you must continue the tradition.  We counting on you for next year!

Great work!
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 09:07:19 AM »

Hey guys, great review!  Very interesting.  Now guys, you must continue the tradition.  We counting on you for next year!

Great work!

Don't worry, I think I can speak for Madman when I say this is something that we would be happy and anxious to do every year.
Thanks all of you for your positive feed back!  :D

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 03:19:35 PM »

Well done guys! Very constructive and entertaining until the end. Please do make more of these video reviews, now that you've given a sneak peek of what you're fully capable of achieving, the fellow Canuckleheads will never get enough of the two of you!  8)
2 + 2 = 22

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »

Well done guys! Very constructive and entertaining until the end. Please do make more of these video reviews, now that you've given a sneak peek of what you're fully capable of achieving, the fellow Canuckleheads will never get enough of the two of you!  8)

Thanks for the kind words my friend.
I do plan on adding some of my Joe reviews from months past, as well as any new Joe reviews that I do in the future!

Madman's free time is limited, but I think you can expect him to return regularly. Especially for these CJC figure set reviews!

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »

I've got a question.  One of the things that I really liked about the 2009 set was the quality foam insert inside the box.  The 2010 set had the white styrofoam.  Not sure about the 2011.  Does this one have the almost rubbery foam like the 2009?  Also, in what ways are the filecards for black ice and joecanuck different from the earlier ones? 

Chrome is always nice.  I dig chrome!  The box looks nice.  Hadn't heard anyone mention it, but it was an interesting turn to see joecanuck is a black guy, for some reason that was a surprise for me, not that it's a bad thing, the Lord made us all so there's no room for rascism.  The black ice is the highlight for me, great head sculpt!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 02:28:52 PM »

looking at a freeze-frame of the YT video, the Black Ice one has a bit added about BI's having a bounty out on Shiver for defecting to the Joes. the bounty's $250,000. hm, just checked back on the digital copy i have of Ice's original and the end part is changed, eliminating the part about Joe's run-in with Ice and the quote. it's also added a bit about him being a deadly opponent.

Joe's has been rewritten to include his file name, PMS and SMS and changing the text about Canadian Rangers. it's also altered in the quote saying the Arctic Joes (now Snow Job, Frostbite and Iceberg) didn't last 2 days instead of they only lasted 2 days. it also says Joe's been leading the Canadian team for 10 years.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 06:44:18 PM »

I've got a question.  One of the things that I really liked about the 2009 set was the quality foam insert inside the box.  The 2010 set had the white styrofoam.  Not sure about the 2011.  Does this one have the almost rubbery foam like the 2009?

The 2012's foam insert is more spongy and smooth in touch compared to the 2009 box set's. In other words, an improvement over the original H.A.T.E. set!
2 + 2 = 22