JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Decided to pass on the G.I. Joe Retaliation - Cobra Fangboat with Swamp-Viper?  (Read 7763 times)

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile

Hey guys, I'm back once again with another past review that I hope some of you might find pleasantly surprising.
Once you get to the halfway point of my review things get very interesting...  :o

G.I. Joe Retaliation - Cobra Fangboat with Swamp-Viper

Madman will Return.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

Call me crazy (and you will) but I love those 5POA figures. The only thing I reproach to them is that they are beeing produced in an era that possess much advanced technology to be making these as 5POA. If you take these great looking figures for what they are, these look like vintage Kenner Star Wars figures at their best, or in another way of putting it, like oversized Mask figures with their helmets moulded on. But I'm still not sold on the vehicles which is why I haven't bought a single one of them. I'm almost tempted by the Fangboat, and for the first time will say that I will buy it if it goes on clearance, but mainly just to get the figure.

Aside of that, I would never have thought of making these characters out of ME joe parts, so that is truly an awesome idea you got going on. I'd say you just made a great custom there. Don't wait any longer, and go showcase the ME translation of Swampviper in the customs section right now. It just rocks  8)
2 + 2 = 22

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile

I actually might do that once I get my IG in the mail.  I'm getting a headless one for 'just in case I might need one' purposes and I think I found a reason for it.  Just need to find some webgear so his torso doesn't look so bare.

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile

Call me crazy (and you will) but I love those 5POA figures. The only thing I reproach to them is that they are beeing produced in an era that possess much advanced technology to be making these as 5POA. If you take these great looking figures for what they are, these look like vintage Kenner Star Wars figures at their best, or in another way of putting it, like oversized Mask figures with their helmets moulded on. But I'm still not sold on the vehicles which is why I haven't bought a single one of them. I'm almost tempted by the Fangboat, and for the first time will say that I will buy it if it goes on clearance, but mainly just to get the figure.

Aside of that, I would never have thought of making these characters out of ME joe parts, so that is truly an awesome idea you got going on. I'd say you just made a great custom there. Don't wait any longer, and go showcase the ME translation of Swampviper in the customs section right now. It just rocks  8)

Actually you might call me crazy, because I really like your point.  :o
The sculpting on these figures is still very highly detailed and still very "Joe" looking. It shows especially in the figure's hands.

Glad you like my dead-easy custom. (...or was that sarcasm?  ;)) Oh, that Ernesto.

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile

I actually might do that once I get my IG in the mail.  I'm getting a headless one for 'just in case I might need one' purposes and I think I found a reason for it.  Just need to find some webgear so his torso doesn't look so bare.

Like I said in the review, I'm sure that there is something out there to help break up the blank space that is his torso.
If you're good with paint, I would suggest covering the moulded on vest with a nice coat of flat black.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile

Well, I took Joe Nerd's idea and did this:

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile

Now THAT is an inspiring little kitbash!

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's more like it!
Is that an actual Swamp-Viper lower torso cut out and some how inserted into the I.G.'s waist?! Insanely cool!!!  :o
Exactly where does the neck scarf come from? Seriously nice work.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile

Thanks!  That is indeed the lower portion of Swamp Viper cut up and clipped on kinda like clip on armour.  I was trying to use the Swamp Viper's neck scarft but didn't work out as well as I hoped so I just used the one from the comic pack pilot Destro that comes with Shockblast.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile

I wish the Fangboat came like this from Hasbro:

I got a second one for $10.  Now gotta figure out what to do with it.

Joe Nerd

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile

Ha! I'm guessing that your second Fangboat is now with out side cannons. This just makes me wonder why the big "H" couldn't simply include the extra side cannon in the box. I know, I know: COST CUTTING!  ::)