JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Transformers Movie...save your money....  (Read 6568 times)

Outback 100% Argento

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers Movie...save your money....
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 11:19:30 AM »

Saw it yesterday! and actually is worth seeing, for me it looks like a "military movie with robots"  :wink: so go watch it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
At least we have a nice summer...\" an Argentinian.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 12:23:06 PM »

To much American military for my liking.  This wasn't suppose to be GI JOE here.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Outback 100% Argento

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 02:09:32 AM »

I think it was a Hasbrio thing to include so much military... so much crossovers betwen joes and TFormers cant be wrong...
At least we have a nice summer...\" an Argentinian.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 10:38:37 AM »

Quote from: "Outback 100% Argento"
I think it was a Hasbrio thing to include so much military... so much crossovers betwen joes and TFormers cant be wrong...

Bay actually is just playing to his strength, which is having the pentagon in his back pocket. His job, officially and unofficially is as a PR man for the pentagon - and being an insider has it's privileges. Who else can order up all that hardware for a movie.

I'm pretty sure that making American weapons able to hurt transformers (well, at least expensive weapon systems that might be on the chopping block like the Raptor F22's) was a nod to the pentagon. They couldn't have an enemy that American technology couldn't destroy the current political climate. It would be too much like the reality of places like Iraq where the high tech junk isn't doing much either.

The F-22 has been in limbo for 10 years. It'd be silly to think that the fact that it had a starring role in the movie wasn't intended to raise the profile of the project. This was a movie with an agenda.

But it was also a hell of a fun ride, and I love good military tech like any other joe geek. Anyone that would watch transformers would almost certainly be a fan of high tech weapons. Bay used what he had, and did a good job with it.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 05:29:56 PM »

So I broke down and saw Transformers with my wife today.

How do I get my money back??

I said after the first preview was shown online that it appeared very much like a "CGI & Blow crap up" movie.

Was I ever right.

I went into it thinking "This isn't my Transformers" - and while it had some "moments", overall I thought it was Craptastic.

Two redeeming points:

1. Primes voice was Prime - sweet.
2. Megatron talking to Startscream "You've failed me again Starscream"

..and hoo boy! Looks like a sequal is coming.

L-ame.

This has now solidified my point that I do not need a movie theater. Special effects do not make a good movie, a good storyline and good acting makes a good movie. Sadly, this movie had neither.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 05:51:34 PM »

I saw it a second time (a bootleg copy playing on my friend's projector) and I had second thoughts...how can the Autobots be so clumsy and stupid in Spike's backyard? And for 20 minutes? I also didn't like much of the human parts in the movie.

But I still enjoyed the robot fight scenes....I wish Bumblebee's voice at the end was voiced by someone like Jason Priestley or someone that sounded a bit cooler. His voice in the movie would have suited someone like Perceptor.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 12:11:02 AM »

I went into this movie with a fairly open mind. I'd had a year to digest the absolutely brutal character designs and had gotten a little used to them.

Anybody who knows me personally knows that I'm a huge G1 Transformers fan (bigger than Joe, or anything else really) That being said, despite the extremely shoddy treatment that my favourite Autobot received, I enjoyed the film immensely. I always liked the idea of portraying the TF's as "robots in disguise" and not "robots in epic conflict" *cough*... stormbringer... *cough*

Hearing Cullen as Prime was good fun. Probably the key to the whole movie for a fanboy like myself.

Megatron was legitimately scary. Kudos for that.

Right now I'm trying to decide whether I want to spent $26 for the DVD on release day, or wait two weeks for it to drop down to the 2 for $30 section at HMV. ;)

Also, is it just me, or was Megan Fox caked in grease for the entire film? Kinda gross if you ask me...