JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: TRU clearing out RoC Vehicles and Playsets  (Read 7072 times)

garling23

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • "If your not in it, your out of it" -Joey Ramone
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/chrismeadows
Re: TRU clearing out RoC Vehicles and Playsets
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 07:55:42 AM »

Hey do they still have any leftover Mobile Pits?? Ive been looking for that for a while.

pretty sure the markham toysrus has one.  saw it a few weeks ago up on the top of the shelfs, not near the joe figs, but somewhere in that area.  i thinkm it was on clearance for like $49 or something.  I would call them before going to mke sure its still there.
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 04:05:29 PM »

The stock-folks at TRU don't like having to carry old product when they have new stuff sitting in the back--they want to get it out on the pegs.
It's funny, my impression of TRU is quite the opposite of this. Of course it varies, but I find TRU is generally very slow to clearance product. I still remember finally picking up a Shadows of the Empire Slave I four years after it came out. They had a good 1/2 dozen of them sitting on the top shelf in the rafters with beat up boxes for a couple years before finally marking them down. Literally four years went by though. Having said that though, they recently marked down the vintage Y-Wings to $30 after only having them for a few months. So, yeah, it varies...

I wouldn't mind another water moccasin for customizing if they ever marked them down, as it was always one of my favourite vehicles. So I'm waiting for them to get marked down...

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 06:27:48 PM »

The stock-folks at TRU don't like having to carry old product when they have new stuff sitting in the back--they want to get it out on the pegs.
It's funny, my impression of TRU is quite the opposite of this. Of course it varies, but I find TRU is generally very slow to clearance product. I still remember finally picking up a Shadows of the Empire Slave I four years after it came out. They had a good 1/2 dozen of them sitting on the top shelf in the rafters with beat up boxes for a couple years before finally marking them down. Literally four years went by though. Having said that though, they recently marked down the vintage Y-Wings to $30 after only having them for a few months. So, yeah, it varies...

I wouldn't mind another water moccasin for customizing if they ever marked them down, as it was always one of my favourite vehicles. So I'm waiting for them to get marked down...

These were right on the shelves, under the pegs.  So you can't miss them, but for some reason they won't budge on the price.