JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New SCI-FI movie coming out in 2012!  (Read 2496 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
New SCI-FI movie coming out in 2012!
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »

There is a new movie called PROMETHEUS that's set to come out in theaters on 2012. There is a lot of speculation and rumors running around that this will be a prequel to one of Ridley Scott's most beloved films. And most importantly the rumor that this movie will provide some background insight to elements in past films, and become the opening chapter to a broader and more epic story.

No trailer is available, but I found these screenshots that were shown at this year's San Diego Comic Con. It isn't fake. What you're about to see are screenshots that the production allowed to be viewed before attendees of the convention. Enjoy!

SPOILER: "in space, no one can hear you scream"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fIp0b0pCz8&feature=related

2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: New SCI-FI movie coming out in 2012!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »

i hate Alien. there, i said it. Love Aliens. never bothered with 3 or Resurrection. AVP and AVP:R aren't bad, but aren't that good, either.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 03:50:54 PM »

From the screen shots it looks too much like a remake to me.  They find an alien egg, someone gets infected, alien pops out and starts killing people.......  I wish they went with the original sequel idea of a Colonial Marine movie.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 05:43:09 PM »

I wish they went with the original sequel idea of a Colonial Marine movie.

Had they not made Alien 3 you mean, right?

I know that it looks like a remake, but what if I told you that Ridley Scott implied in an interview that there will be no face huggers or chestbursters in this one.... now what could that ultimately mean? that leaves us with two possibilities or perhaps more: either the "impregnation" and "birth" scenes are kept off-screen or......something else comes out of the egg? I'm quite intrigued to tell you the truth. I'm just still open to possibilities because it's still Ridley Scott and every movie he's made has shown resourceful cleverness. So let's see what the man still has in his bag of good tricks.

And there is probably more than one reason why this movie won't be called "Alien" or "Aliens" zero or five like its predecessor movies. Of course that could change at the very last minute.

2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »

I heard they were going to make a prequel to "Alien" that explains the race of people that first invented the Alien creatures. Can't recall if it's extended footage or in the original film since it's been a long time but there is an image a giant space creature / pilot (not the Alien) sitting in a big funky chair of the crashed ship where the Alien eggs were first found. That pilot had an exploded chest, indicating an Alien  had come out his chest, just like they do for the humans later.

I also think there is something about the Alien creature was manufactured but got out of hand and turned on it's creators.

It's been a while so I might be fuzzy on the details.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 12:54:53 PM »

I heard they were going to make a prequel to "Alien" that explains the race of people that first invented the Alien creatures. Can't recall if it's extended footage or in the original film since it's been a long time but there is an image a giant space creature / pilot (not the Alien) sitting in a big funky chair of the crashed ship where the Alien eggs were first found. That pilot had an exploded chest, indicating an Alien  had come out his chest, just like they do for the humans later.

I also think there is something about the Alien creature was manufactured but got out of hand and turned on it's creators.

It's been a while so I might be fuzzy on the details.

That's pretty much what I remember seeing somewhere. You have probably read it where I also found about the inspiration for this movies' original plot: the Greek Mythology of Prometheus. The ship's pilot you described is often referred to by the creative team as the "Space Jockey".

Note of interest, In Greek mythology, Prometheus is basically the one who steals Fire from Zeus and gives it to humans.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:56:33 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 04:49:14 PM »

Either way it will be a movie I'm going to check out when released.   The AVP movies were disappointing as far as story goes but were entertaining just the same.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!