JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Price increase for figures in Canada.  (Read 7510 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Price increase for figures in Canada.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »

On a related note or not, the price of food, the cost of life, and gas has also gone up in general. It was perhaps only a matter of time that the price of toys would all follow the same kind of trend, who knows.
2 + 2 = 22

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »

...who knows.
Last I heard, The Shadow knows.  ;D
Say no to AFA.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 05:39:47 PM »

...who knows.

Which Shadow?

Storm Shadow?
Shadow Tracker?
Shadow Viper?
or Shadow Strike?

So many guys in Cobra using the name "Shadow" it makes the name "Dave" sound unique.   ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 07:32:44 PM »

I just saw the first wave of the 30th at WalMart....so there is some new products.

As I said in the Quebec thread, it should not be suprising as TRU and Zellers have been selling joes for $9.99 for quite some time. Wal-Mart just finally caught up. Looks like figures will be $10.99 at TRU and Zellers. $1 increase really...still a shock to see something go from $7.92 to $10.77.

But the reality is the price of toys and action figures will continue to go up. Eventually you reach a breaking point for parents and collectors where that's the difference between buying or not.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 01:38:18 AM »

...who knows.

Which Shadow?

Storm Shadow?
Shadow Tracker?
Shadow Viper?
or Shadow Strike?

So many guys in Cobra using the name "Shadow" it makes the name "Dave" sound unique.   ;)

no, Lamont Cranston AKA The Shadow. the old pulp hero, played in a movie from the 90s by Alec Bladwin.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 08:52:29 AM »

The new price is all about the movie figures and licensing.  If the price were to go up again when the movie figures came out, I would be floored - and waiting for sales.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 10:59:52 AM »

still a shock to see something go from $7.92 to $10.77.

Corporate greed.  It is not like the price of oil has shot up in the past year. 

Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 11:05:02 AM »

no, Lamont Cranston AKA The Shadow. the old pulp hero, played in a movie from the 90s by Alec Bladwin.
Yes, THIS Shadow.
The old radio show is awesome.
Say no to AFA.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »

Maybe one thing to consider for those who strictly resfrain from buying the product when it's first released, especially when they love what they see, and eagerly await for it to go on clearance: Maybe Hasbro could be getting less orders from stores compared to the previous years, due to poor sales (by this, meaning less profits). So assuming that less product would be out there from now on, that, and other factors, could justify in part the the price adjustments. No corporate greed necessarily. If kids or parents stop buying joes because of a price tag they deem no longer reasonable, then GI joe might litteraly end up either a thing of the past, or a Hasbro direct line much like the MOTU Matty Club figures. But if the latter happens, figures will not be 12$ anymore I can guarrantee you that. You will start paying prices that are little closer to what the Collector's Club prices are, plus shipping, and duties. But will it ever come down to that point? "Who knows?".... ::)
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »

Maybe one thing to consider: Maybe Hasbro could be getting less orders from stores compared to the previous years, due to poor sales (by this, meaning less profits). So assuming that less product would be out there from now on, that, and other factors, could justify in part the the price adjustments. No corporate greed necessarily. If kids or parents stop buying joes because of a price tag they deem no longer reasonable, then GI joe might litteraly end up either a thing of the past, or a Hasbro direct line much like the MOTU Matty Club figures. But if the latter happens, figures will not be 12$ anymore I can guarrantee you that. You will start paying prices that are little closer to what the Collector's Club prices are, plus shipping, and duties. But will it ever come down to that point? "Who knows?".... ::)

I seriously am suffering from a fat finger syndrome and I can't stop pressing on "quote" mistaking it for the "modify" command. I will seriously need to have this problem fixed  :-[
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:38:14 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 05:42:20 PM »

The way Joes are distributed, people should grab what they want when they see it, because the stores might only get one case.
That or they'll only have access to a certain assortment that will come back again and again... and again.

Clearance is good for custom fodders and army building.
Say no to AFA.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »

Maybe one thing to consider for those who strictly resfrain from buying the product when it's first released, especially when they love what they see, and eagerly await for it to go on clearance: Maybe Hasbro could be getting less orders from stores compared to the previous years, due to poor sales (by this, meaning less profits). So assuming that less product would be out there from now on, that, and other factors, could justify in part the the price adjustments. No corporate greed necessarily. If kids or parents stop buying joes because of a price tag they deem no longer reasonable, then GI joe might litteraly end up either a thing of the past, or a Hasbro direct line much like the MOTU Matty Club figures. But if the latter happens, figures will not be 12$ anymore I can guarrantee you that. You will start paying prices that are little closer to what the Collector's Club prices are, plus shipping, and duties. But will it ever come down to that point? "Who knows?".... ::)

Not a chance. The concept is generic enough that it can just be re-branded and repackaged over and over until something sticks. It's been tried with the Adventure Team, Super Joe, ARAH, Extreme, Sigma 6 and to a lesser extent Spy Troops/Valour vs. Venom.

There will always be G.I. Joe on store shelves. It just may not resemble the Joe we all know and love.