JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: GI Joe Kre o blind bags in Ottawa!!!  (Read 11050 times)

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
GI Joe Kre o blind bags in Ottawa!!!
« on: April 09, 2013, 06:32:07 PM »

Toys R Us st Laurent shopping center has 2 boxes out.
Just bought a set. I have the codes for whos in what bag if you need em.
J

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Kre o blind bags in Ottawa!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »

And begins the hunt.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:32:44 AM »

Got them all, along with doubles of CG, AV and regular Trooper.

It's weird that they called Dice an Axe Ninja Viper instead of his actaul name.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »

CAn you post the codes here please?
Lurking

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 05:44:58 PM »

the codes are stamped in black, on the back of package.

23401 75 Alley Viper
23401 76 Cobra Ninja Viper
23401 77 Cobra Trooper
23401 78 Crimson Guard
23401 79 Cobra Axe Ninja
23401 80 Kim Arashikage (Jinx)
23401 81 Kamakura
23401 82 Quick Kick
23401 83 Rock-N-Roll
23401 84 Scarlett
23401 85 Adventure Team Commander
23401 86 Torpedo

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 07:17:23 PM »

Can anyone help me with 75,77 and 78?  Someone beat me to the case and got the troop builders.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »

I hope they bring lots of them, the US is drying up and thier thirst for Keros is growing bigger and bigger!

I was able to get a few from my friends in Texas.
Lurking

DPrime

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 08:26:39 PM »

Darn, missed the troopers.

Anyone want to trade me some? I've got extra JoeCon exclusive Kreons... :)

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 08:33:57 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, I was able to pick up a set at my local TRU last week. Only one case, so no troop builders left after I was done. Hopefully they put more out at some point for those that missed them.

I hope they put out troop builder sets at some point, because putting troopers in the cases at the same ratio as the characters is going to make them difficult to track down. And they're so cheep to army build too.

DPrime

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 09:54:47 AM »

Thanks for the heads up, I was able to pick up a set at my local TRU last week. Only one case, so no troop builders left after I was done. Hopefully they put more out at some point for those that missed them.

I hope they put out troop builder sets at some point, because putting troopers in the cases at the same ratio as the characters is going to make them difficult to track down. And they're so cheep to army build too.

I imagine they will. I think this will be marketed more like LEGO stuff (they reissue Stormtroopers and other troopbuilders all the time)... And after all, they've already reissued Transformer Kreons in cheap little 5-packs, previously only availble by purchasing expensive sets.

The only thing I don't like about GI Joe Kre-o is that it's only available at TRU... I wonder if this is always going to be the case?

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 05:27:31 PM »

I imagine they will. I think this will be marketed more like LEGO stuff (they reissue Stormtroopers and other troopbuilders all the time)... And after all, they've already reissued Transformer Kreons in cheap little 5-packs, previously only availble by purchasing expensive sets.

The only thing I don't like about GI Joe Kre-o is that it's only available at TRU... I wonder if this is always going to be the case?

Well the way TRU is stocking these it's going to be slim pickings. Each TRU is only stocking a case or two at most it seems and the way they stock other exclusives, they don't restock too often. I hope I'm wrong on this.

It's better then them not showing up at all I suppose.

As for being a TRU exclusive only, I can see it being so for the next little while. It's been a struggle for Joes for some time now and things don't look like its going to change any time soon. It's difficult for Joes to exist in this world, with what's been going on. The truth is parents don't want toys for their kids that are associated with something that is much to real. Real people, guns, military, terrorism, etc. Sure, some of the same things exist in other toy lines like Transformers, but they are robots, TMNT, they are turtles and no guns, Halo, but the bad guys are Aliens. Parents can digest it a little more easy. Also aside from the movie there's no exposure for Joes for kids, no cartoon means no Joes at mass retail.

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 08:50:54 PM »

I asked some kid that worked at tru if they had more in the back/or were getting more.
he said they sold out fast, and more were ordered and would be in soon...