JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 316311 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2022, 04:09:08 PM »

Nice!!

The Hasbro Joe team did a livestream today, and they announced that Classified Shipwreck and Rock N Roll are in the pipeline.  Unfortunately it is still too early for pics, but glad to see them getting some love.

Now the question is which Shipwreck will they do?  Classic ARAH look, or modern turtleneck and beanie cap?

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2022, 08:51:25 PM »

Nice!!

The Hasbro Joe team did a livestream today, and they announced that Classified Shipwreck and Rock N Roll are in the pipeline.  Unfortunately it is still too early for pics, but glad to see them getting some love.

Now the question is which Shipwreck will they do?  Classic ARAH look, or modern turtleneck and beanie cap?

Anything less than the original ARAH look for Shipwreck would be a major disappointment. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2022, 09:27:37 PM »

Nice to see more info with the latest stream.

We can expect Torpedo and Copperhead next year for Classified. 

As for what was revealed:

Falcon -  Looks good if not quite movie accurate, but still a great looking figure.  Can't wait to see what his accessories are going to be.

Covergirl - YES!!  Nice to see her get the Classified treatment, and a pretty great update.  Like the short brown hair, but would really love it if they include an alternate blonde head.

Marauders BBQ - This was probably a given since they already did the regular version. Not a fan of the colour scheme, and probably will only pick him up on sale because he will be a pegwarmer.

Crimson BAT - Can't go wrong with a Crimson repaint, and a BAT too boot!!!  Looks good, but I need better pics to see the colour because it doesn't look quite right in this first pic.

Outback - Here is the classic look we all expected.  Love everything about this look and can't wait.

Sgt. Slaughter - Looks great seeing the figure proper now.  I can't believe he is going to come with a carded mini version of himself.   He'll be here soon.

Retro Duke/CC - I like that they went more Sunbow look rather original toy look. It gives them a difference that makes it a bit more interesting.  Duke's smiling face is a little creepy, but overall they look great.  I just got the SS/SE 2 pack thanks to the recent Hasbro Pulse sale and it was such a great throwback to the originals. 

The final tease was the next Haslab being Classified related.  The current group think is it will be a HISS tank, but we won't know until the end of the month.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2022, 05:07:56 AM »

Just in case anyone is interested.

Sgt. Slaughter is now up for preorder at most online etailers (DJC Colllectibles, Toy Snowman, etc.) as well as Gamestop.

He is $50

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2022, 08:07:42 AM »

Toys R Us is now getting in stock of TF Outback and PP Viper.

There have been sightings in Toronto and Ottawa in the past week.

So if you are looking to get them, now might be the time.

Unfortunately you are paying the TRU tax to get them though ($44.99+tax).

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2022, 08:04:29 PM »

Found a couple of Python Patrol BATs at my local TRU. 

First time getting any of the PP/TF redecos, and the BAT is pretty great.  I don't know that all the deco choices work, but the overall look is great and I really love the PP logo on the removable chest plate.  Hopefully I can find the others sooner or later.

Definitely don't love the TRU pricing ($44.99+tax).

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2022, 03:15:51 PM »

Cool, I am taking my kid to the local TRU to have him pick out his birthday present.  So I will check for these while there. 

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2022, 03:53:47 PM »

Was able to pick up Python Patrol Viper and Outback at TRU Sherway Gardens yesterday.
They had them behind the counter, and not out on the shelves.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2022, 06:06:35 PM »

I also picked up TF Outback and PP Viper at Markville last week.  But the prices are a rip off. 

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2022, 05:47:13 PM »

New figs, female troopers

Big Ben

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2022, 03:30:00 PM »

Big ben is a welcome addition,  the femail trooper two pack will hopefully be under $100.
And hopefully none of them are store exclusives.   Too many exclusives and impossible to find figures can easily kill a line.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2022, 03:35:17 PM »

Big ben is a welcome addition,  the femail trooper two pack will hopefully be under $100.
And hopefully none of them are store exclusives.   Too many exclusives and impossible to find figures can easily kill a line.

i can't believe i live in a time where i can hear the words '...that the female trooper pack will hopefully be under $100' and realize we are not talking vintage figures. My mind can not comprehend the cost of collecting nowadays.