JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 318086 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2023, 08:05:49 AM »

I find Walmarts to be more of huge swing and miss to find anything.

Yep.  There are two Walmarts in my area that have some stock generally.  I found Retro Zartan at one recently.  Mostly though they have Dusty and Mad Marauders BBQ. 

However my closest Walmart that I frequent has absolutely nothing, and hasn't had anything Classified since the Lady Jaye/Flint wave!!!!!  They are also terrible for other Hasbro 6" lines.   They haven't had any MLs since one case of the Black Panther movie wave, and before that it was the Doctor Strange movie wave (one case again).   For Black series they had the Tech/Lando wave but nothing since.   It really is a disaster, but at least I'm in a big city (Ottawa) so I have many locations I can try.

Shortly we are going to hit Yo Joe June and the reveal of the next Haslab.  (Which by all hints/accounts will probably be a Classified Dragon Fly)  Along with more reveals of upcoming figures, and I assume the con exclusives for this year.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2023, 06:12:21 AM »

Well they definitely got off to a fast start with Yo Joe June.

They had an unannounced video go up on Youtube yesterday morning.   They announced preorders for the Arctic BAT, PP Crimson Guard, TF Dusty and the Televiper/Flight Pod.

Arctic BAT looks great and is a fan channel/Amazon exclusive.   So it should be fairly easy to get.

PP Crimson Guard / TF Dusty should be TRU exclusives like all the previous TF/PP releases.

TeleViper/Flight Pod is a Hasbro Pulse exclusive so we are screwed in Canada.  I am a stupid sucker and put in a preorder and it was EXPENSIVE!!!!  It worked out to $106Cdn for a single set, and that is after I ordered 2!!!!  If you order just one, it is even higher. 

Man talk about a kick in the nads.  However I guess I can't say I am too mad since I was crazy enough to pay even more to get the Serpentor/Air Chariot exclusive.   So I guess going forward they think $100Cdn is the bench mark for a figure/vehicle set exclusive.   TERRIBLE!!!

Also the next livestream is Monday and it looks like they will be revealing the Haslab then.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2023, 10:23:36 AM »

DISCLAMER - I hate exclusives.  I fell it kills the hobby.

I just did the same thing, and ordered two flight pods.

I am hoping the artic bat shows up at amazon.ca, as for the target excusives, hopefully TRU, or if they are like the last ones, I saw them warming the pegs in the US, until target put them on clearance.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2023, 05:58:34 PM »

DISCLAMER - I hate exclusives.  I fell it kills the hobby.

I just did the same thing, and ordered two flight pods.

I am hoping the artic bat shows up at amazon.ca, as for the target excusives, hopefully TRU, or if they are like the last ones, I saw them warming the pegs in the US, until target put them on clearance.

Arctic BAT is already up for preorder on Gamestop's site.   He will be available at all fan channels and Amazon so it shouldn't be too hard to get.

Today they revealed digital renders for a Crimson Viper and Grunt with an alternate Steel Corps (Brigade) helmet head to make him an army builder!!!  Viper looks good in crimson, and it was a leaked figure so a bit of a surprise.   Although I think it was all but a certainty that Hasbro was going to do a Crimson Viper eventually.   

Can't wait for Monday to see what the Haslab is going to be (even though everyone already seems to agree it will be the Dragonfly).

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2023, 07:00:35 AM »

4 hours to go until the Haslab reveal..........

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2023, 11:37:27 AM »

Placed my order.  Dragonfly go!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2023, 01:49:41 PM »

Well......time to unpack this.

Dragonfly.   Kind of expected for the past couple weeks with all the hints.   Still a pretty great showing.

NO EARLY BIRD FIGURE.

THE GOOD:

Price - Well colour me impressed that they came in under the HISS for price.  I really didn't expect it to be less than the HISS.  At a minimum the same price.

Base Offering -  I love that they have included pretty much everything (unless they have a surprise for us) right off the bat.  A stand, all the munitions and effect pieces.  The lighting, the working winch, Wild Bill and what-not.   "Chips & Salsa"?  Hilarious, but somewhat true to the real military.   Great start.

Design - Stuck fairly close to the original look (which wasn't a big want for me ahead of the reveal), but with enough tweaks to give it some modern flair.  My favourite is probably the cockpit with the multi-open options.

THE BAD (OR NOT SO GOOD):

Paint -  Not a fan of the black on the back/tail.  Would have preferred all green, but I understand why they went with the black to modernize and break up the "wall of green."

Blast Effects -  Not really a "bad" thing per se, but those two giant ones seem like a nightmare for stability and wear/damage over time (look at what happens to other Hasbro products with blast effects left in for a long time).

So far a great start, and a great offering.

Can't wait to see who the other (tier) figures will be. 

Also wouldn't mind if they did a similar offering like the HISS where they had an unlock with a classic canopy.  That way you can make it even more like the original.

The price makes this an easy backing for me, especially since it will cost quite a bit more for me in Canada for all the usual reasons (tax, shipping, exchange rate).

Great job Emily and Lenny (oh and the two Marks  {my namesakes})

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2023, 08:32:47 AM »

I didn't watch the unveiling yet but it looks excellent from the images I got in my email.
Seriously though, do people have space on shelves for 34 inch vehicles! In my opinion, collecting 6" vehicles would almost make me have to get rid of all other lines just so i could have the room to display the vehicles. How are you guys planning on setting these up?
One thing I'm curious about is whether they have figured out some way to prevent with the blades drooping over time. I would be interested in looking at the engineering on that.
I love the interior, that looks awesome. I definitely would dio the dragonfly attacking the hiss tank if I was collecting these, especially with all the weapon effects.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Airborne as an unlock because of the original box art. So far Wild Bill looks pretty sweet. Lets see if the actual figure looks like his renders.

Good luck to this haslab and to all those backing it. I look forward to updates in the future.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2023, 11:18:17 AM »

Looks like it will hit 10000 backers in the next couple of hours,  I am really interested to see who the other two unlock figures are.  Would love to see Doc with a stretcher that attaches to the skids.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2023, 01:23:33 PM »

10,000 success!  What is the next figure?

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2023, 01:40:44 PM »

Yep.

IT'S BACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next up is NF Ripcord.   

So when will he unlock?

By Friday?

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2023, 08:59:27 PM »

Classified vehicles are too big. I will pass.

Too bad I won't get NF Ripcord. I really like NF figs in general. Any backer looking to resell NF Ripcord?