JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Super7 GI Joe discussion  (Read 8286 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Super7 GI Joe discussion
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2022, 07:26:26 AM »

Good question, its probably cheaper for them to stick with their format then to explore o-ring format. And hasbro might be reluctant to give them the license for oring. It's a missed opportunity, would have great to have cartoon accurate oring figures. Oh well we still have the comic packs released some time ago.

Yeah I imagine it will be a dark day for Hasbro when they give up the O-ring style to licensing. 

These are pretty great, especially the figures that were never done in O-ring because they fill out the ranks quite well.  However the price is terrible and keeps me away from it, except for the odd "must have" like the Arctic Vehicle set.  I also want that SDCC set, but I'll wait and see since a lot of the Canadian online retailers are getting them now (DJC Collectibles, Toy Snowman, etc.)

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2022, 01:08:38 PM »

Just in case you missed, toysrus has them on sale 15.99$. Not sure I will stock up, but at least I might get tempted to get one of two more just for fun!

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/toysrus/Brands/S/Super7

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2022, 03:55:11 PM »

Just in case you missed, toysrus has them on sale 15.99$. Not sure I will stock up, but at least I might get tempted to get one of two more just for fun!

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/toysrus/Brands/S/Super7

Yeah I saw that, and I am tempted, but I still just can't.  Maybe if they go down to 50% off then I'll bite. 

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2022, 06:29:06 AM »

At 10$ a piece, I would go banana over the sailors to display on the battle platform or the flagg. I agree it's still a little bit overpriced. I am tempted by bazooka thought.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2022, 11:15:28 AM »

At 10$ a piece, I would go banana over the sailors to display on the battle platform or the flagg. I agree it's still a little bit overpriced. I am tempted by bazooka thought.

Oh yeah, at an even $10 I would be all over them and going crazy. 

So far the only thing I have from the Joe ReAction line is the Arctic Rescue Vehicle, and that was because it was such a crazy, yet deserving, item that would probably never see the light of day again anywhere else.   I also want the exclusive Pyramid Of Darkness set with the Security Droid, but I can't justify the price right now, maybe if it goes on sale from one of the local online retailers that started offering them.

However that is not the case for these regular ReAction figures.  They are pretty great in my opinion, and I absolutely love the fact that they are more cartoon accurate.  However the price is just too much, even with the current TRU sale.  So it is a wait and see if they drop even further, and if they don't?  Oh well, I already have way too much product as it is.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2022, 08:40:11 AM »

I looked at these in TRU on Thanksgiving and they look very nice in card however i just can't get past the lack of articulation. This would be a line I would have to leave in package. Its sad because I really want a crew for my flagg.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2022, 06:15:45 PM »

I looked at these in TRU on Thanksgiving and they look very nice in card however i just can't get past the lack of articulation. This would be a line I would have to leave in package. Its sad because I really want a crew for my flagg.

Plus the price.  $23+tax is ridiculous. 

Like I said, $10 and I would be all over them. 

However it is tough because Super7 really does hit the nostalgia button with the ReAction line.  Combined with all the never before done releases and it is so difficult to not buy in on at least a few.  But then I see the price again and it gets easier.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2022, 04:31:39 PM »

Totally agree. These are not the joes I remember at that scale. And the price is mental.  But as it has been said. If those sailors were in the $10 ball park. I would grab 5 or 6

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2023, 09:03:18 PM »

wave 5 was just announced... with Raven character from the cartoon! I could not resist... ;)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2023, 05:54:20 AM »

wave 5 was just announced... with Raven character from the cartoon! I could not resist... ;)

Don't forget Red Laser!!!

Honestly I love that Super7 isn't afraid to go deep with character selection, especially in the ReAction line.  I just wish the prices were lower because they are way too expensive for what they are.  That is the main reason why I still only have one ReAction item (Arctic Vehicle set).

bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2023, 06:58:44 AM »

Red laser is great! To be honest, if the price was lower, I would have cave in more and I would have a new sailor, bazooka and ecen the gamemasterdrone just because they are cool.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2023, 10:16:50 AM »

I wonder what the sales numbers are for this line. They keep releasing waves so they must be selling decently.... I never see anyone buying them though.