JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Super7 GI Joe discussion  (Read 8333 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Super7 GI Joe discussion
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2023, 02:54:17 PM »

I wonder what the sales numbers are for this line. They keep releasing waves so they must be selling decently.... I never see anyone buying them though.

Well they do have Target in the US, and TRU up here as retailers so that would help with much bigger order numbers.

I would agree though that I don't know who is buying them at those high prices.  Granted they aren't that much more expensive than Hasbro's Retro figures, but either way 5POA figures at 3.75" scale shouldn't be over $10. 

I really like some of the offerings from Super7 in their ReAction line, especially the deep cut choices for GI Joe, but the price is too damn high.  I have about 10 of the Marvel Retro figures, and a few SW Retro figures, but all of them were bought on deep sale/clearance.  I haven't paid more than $5 each (+tax), and even a couple of them were only $3!!!

At that price it is definitely worth it.   Maybe someday Super7 ReAction figures will get a big discount, but they don't seem to go on sale very often, or for much, so I am not holding my breath.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2023, 04:53:55 PM »

Wow!!!

Another killer wave from Super7.

Wave 4 is going to be:

Zartan
Gung-Ho
Stalker
Baroness (common black/grey uniform)

Man they all look great.  Baroness has her flight helmet!!!!  Gung-Ho comes with a tiny Wolverine!!!!  The whole wave looks great, and Super7 is continuing with the heavy hitters in the waves.  Maybe in a couple waves they'll finally go in for a deeper dive character. 

Also no army builder this wave, but it  seems they are doing an army builder in the odd numbered waves only (so far).  Wave one was the BAT and wave 3 was the Cobra Trooper.

Great wave, and I definitely want Zartan and Baroness.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2023, 08:25:53 AM »

They really knock it out of the park with the accessories.
Similar to the direction Transformers Masterpeice figures have gone, I am not a fan of the hypertoon look.   In all honesty, the toon looked great when I was 10-12, but looking back, not so much.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2023, 05:05:29 AM »

Damn it Super7.

Just saw that they have a weapons/accessory pack that they will include with anyone who orders the entire wave 4 from them. 

I would love to get that accessory pack, but I sure as hell am not going to order directly from them.  The exchange and shipping costs are ridiculous.  It is still cheaper to order from a Canadian retailer instead.  However they won't be able to get the exclusive pack.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2023, 09:21:28 AM »

That accessories pack is amazingly cool.  And such a great compliment to the figures.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2023, 09:38:16 PM »

Can you imagine how broke I would be if these were O-rings...

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2023, 05:27:58 AM »

I'd be broke if the ReAction line was a reasonable price ($10 or less).

At $20+ each there is no way I would buy almost all of these.  There may be the rare exception, but so far the only Joe ReAction I have is the Arctic Rescue set.   

The smart thing Super7 does is both the cartoon looks, and the deep dive characters.  The cartoon look isn't everyone's cup of tea, but at least it is another option.  The deep dive characters are harder to resist.  I mean no other company is going to do civilian disguise CC/Destro/Baroness, or Raven, or the hermit from the Arctic Rescuse set.  So that hits the nostalgia button hard for collectors, and I'm sure makes some collectors pay the crazy price just to get a certain character.

Overall though the ReAction figures are great background, or display, filler figures.   I mean all those different sailors go great on a Flagg to flesh out the crew and display.  Same for the Green Shirts and Cobra Troopers.   Just don't look to closely.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2023, 02:00:50 PM »

Just a heads up for anyone out there who might be interested.

BBTS (Big Bad Toy Store) is having a spring clearance sale right now.   One of the interesting finds is a complete set of wave 1 of the Joe ReAction figures for $100US!!!   Down from $270US.   

It works out to $6.67US a figure.   Of course that is before shipping, taxes and exchange rate.  However if you have a way to ship it to a US address it would only be $4US and it would make for a pretty good deal.

Don't know how long the sale is, but I imagine it won't be long.

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2023, 07:27:41 AM »

Nearly caved in for their sale... It's a great price, but I am not sure I need all these troops. Would want Scarlett, CC, Kwinn and baroness, but hey! On the ither hand, their april fool special was awesome... Baroness, Destro and CC in disguise in a subway box is awesome!!!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2023, 07:39:34 AM »

Just a quick heads up for Canadians.

DJC Collectibles (out of Ottawa) is having a sale currently on some Super7 stuff.  There is a lot of Joe ReAction figures on sale.

50% off with code:  50/OFFREACTION

They have the Arctic Rescue vehicle, and a good bit of wave 1-3.  Lots of Cobra Troopers, Snakelings, Greenshirts, Sailors, Female Soldiers and a bunch of the named characters (Destro, Storm Shadow, etc. etc.).  They also have some Ultimates on sale, but nothing Joe.

Regular price is $21.99 so 50% off is $11.  Still not the best, but if there is a figure you really want it might be worth it.  A few figures already sold out so I don't know how long the really popular ones will last.

I live in Ottawa so I can just pick up my orders which saves me shipping, but Derek (owner) is a great guy and I have picked up quite a few things from him over the last couple years.

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2023, 05:49:29 PM »

Ok I caved in... I got the cobra escape boxed set, Destro and Baroness are awesome. CC is good, but weird in a way. I also got PSA roadblock and mutt on special on amazon us and I must say that it's nice to have them. I might get a few more. I'm addicted... lol!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2023, 09:04:44 PM »

Ok I caved in... I got the cobra escape boxed set, Destro and Baroness are awesome. CC is good, but weird in a way. I also got PSA roadblock and mutt on special on amazon us and I must say that it's nice to have them. I might get a few more. I'm addicted... lol!

Down the rabbit hole you go!!!!

Welcome to the 20th ring of hell!!!!!  (lol)

"One of us.  One of us!!"