JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on ReAction line  (Read 1891 times)

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Thoughts on ReAction line
« on: January 03, 2022, 01:53:47 PM »

Anybody got any views on the Super 7 Reaction line?
Lack of articulation is a HUGE minus for me but I like that dog sled team (but not the price - how the heck is that so expensive!)
I would maybe consider a few as background characters for dios or something along that line but otherwise I'm not that interested. Maybe they can do vehicles?
I don't really know what to make of this line.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on ReAction line
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 02:30:37 PM »

crap.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 09:59:52 AM »

brief and to the point. :D
Thanks Sundance.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 02:12:31 PM »

welcome.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 03:50:17 PM »

I saw that they had some images of some blue shirts in wave 2 (?)
I would consider picking these up for dio purposes for my flag. I need a crew. If Hasbro doesn't do the deck crew at some point I'd go for 5-10 of these guys.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 08:12:37 AM »

Yeah price and lack of articulation are the real killer for me with the ReAction line.  I get the whole nostalgia aspect, and that Super7 isn't going for the O-ring style (that belongs to Hasbro now for 2022).  So I am fine with what they are doing, and I know that their target audience for ReAction is usually someone who doesn't open them, but rather displays them in package.  That is why the art on the cards across the line is so great. 

However I would rather have them open to go with my other, limited as it is, 3.75" figs.  They don't quite line up because of their articulation and cartoon look.  However that is one big positive to me about the line.  I love the fact they are doing the Sunbow look instead of the toy look.  Bludd looks great, and right out of the cartoon.   Same with all of them really.

Also I love the deep dive that Super7 does with their lines, something I think the big guys could take a cue from going forward.  I mean I never would have thought in my lifetime that we would see the Cobra Shocktrooper (R.I.P.) from the Mass Device!!!!!  How about the Gamemaster's Drone!!!! (Snow Serpent obviously coming soon).  Then you get the utterly ridiculous amount of variety in their army builders.  Green Shirts?  Yes please.  Cobra Troopers with both "Y' and "H" back straps??? Really??  That is the utter definition of a deep dive to me.  Now add in the sailors (Shipwreck obviously coming soon)!!!  Then Bazooka in his snow gear??  Man it doesn't stop with them.

Now let's toss in the Arctic Rescue Vehicle!!!!!????!!! 

I mean really?  The blind Woodsman and his dog sled team?  With his stun gun/rifle?  A glow in the dark Snake Eyes to try and mimic the radioactive look, and a canister that actually opens??!!?  C'mon man, that is some great stuff.

I actually went in on the Arctic Rescue Vehicle set.  My first ever ReAction purchase.  So I will give you an update when I get it in hand.  As to the price, it actually works out to be a bit cheaper than what you could get separately from Super7 for ReAction figures.  You get 2 figures, the sled and accessories, and the 6 sled dogs, which actually have 6 POA(?) and are roughly equivalent in size to the figures.  So I guess to be generous you are getting the equivalent of say 5 figures (maybe more) and the sled and accessories.  It was just over $90CDN plus tax.  A single ReAction figure is usually around $22CDN, so 5 would be about $110CDN +tax.

That's how I justify it to myself anyway ;)

Still they are definitely overpriced.  I get the whole "niche" and low production run, combined with licensing fees from Hasbro.  So I can understand why they cost what they do, but I don't see the value currently.  Except in those rare occasions where they do something so unique that I can't help but  get one, like the Arctic Rescue Vehicle.  Or possibly something like the sailors, if I had a USS Flagg to use them on.  Otherwise I'll keep an eye out for any that might go on sale for a better price in the future.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 08:14:22 AM by canprime »

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 03:25:40 PM »

Good points canprime.

Agree on the points of articulation. I just want the sailors for dio purposes but yeah if I get even 10 of them thats a lot of money. sigh. Maybe I'll get 2.
anyone got a money tree? or maybe I need to start my own cobra scheme. lol

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 08:02:40 AM »

I have no interest in GI Joe figs build like old Star Wars. In fact, there should be the opposite.  O-ring for ever 😁

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 12:25:27 AM »

No interest in them.  100% crap. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 09:23:16 AM »

so judging by the comments I can't see this line doing much past the 1st year unless they release 2 army buildiers each wave. Price is very high for only 5 points of articulation. Well hopefully O-ring has more support.

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 07:21:07 AM »

I remember seeing the funko reaction star trek line at dollarama once... passed on it. The new joes figures are nice but not 20usd nice. My point is that I would buy them at discount price at dollarama.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2022, 08:38:58 AM »

Yeah i don't get the pricing? Super 7 must be paying crazy licensing fees to hasbro.
Are they only going for the cartoony look?

If they do some vehicles then maybe there might be some sort of interest from me. For example that dog sled would look great with my Kwinn figure from 25th/30th anniversary line.