JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Haslab Classified HISS Tank ($299.99US)  (Read 7398 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Haslab Classified HISS Tank ($299.99US)
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2022, 06:13:42 PM »

So did anyone get in on the HISS Tank Haslab?

I did and I am glad I did, but the wait is going to be killer.  Hopefully they'll get the poll out soon on which HISS Tactician colour we can vote on because I'm all about the black and red design.

Did they ever get this poll going? Curious to what the collectors want to see.

Nothing yet, the hope is that something will be mentioned during the upcoming Pulse Premium livestream, but I don't imagine that will be the case since it excludes a large portion of people who are not Pulse Premium members.

I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of an email to backers, much like they did with the Galactus packaging art poll.

I really liked the new shots from the painter at Hasbro who revealed the painted shots of the female HISS Gunner and Cobra Commander.  They look great, can't wait!!

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2022, 04:34:35 PM »

I saw an image posted with a prototype sitting next to one of the original hiss re-issued for scale.  I knew it was going to be large. But was shocked to see just how big it is going to be.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2022, 05:43:36 PM »

So they finally got around to the fan poll for the HISS Tactician.

The strange thing is that they are allowing people to vote once every 24 hours until October 30th.   I am so used to one vote and that's it, that I was taken aback by this change.  It would be interesting to see the numbers breakdowns by day to see if there was a clear favourite, or if there was an early favourite that got surpassed by a second choice. 

Anyway well know who won by next week.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2022, 08:17:21 PM »

I voted for bravo. To be honest none of the options really wowed me.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2022, 06:03:52 AM »

I voted for bravo. To be honest none of the options really wowed me.

Agreed, but Bravo is the most fitting, in my opinion, for the whole look of the HISS and crew.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2022, 01:25:16 PM »

Clearly the wrong one was voted in.

I would of legit gotten my Hiss Tank chromed when it arrived had this guy gotten voted in.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2022, 04:09:02 PM »

Wow. Yeah chrome would be amazing

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2022, 12:00:15 PM »

I think Bravo was the right choice.  While I like some of the other options, I actually don't care for Echo.  Too bland with the all black and the legs would look silly in a chrome colour, and would fade into the mold colours if not bright enough.

I'm sure some of the other variants will pop up somewhere down the line at retail.  If somehow they think they could release a HISS at retail it will be a much reduced version with very little of the bells and whistles of the Haslab version.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2022, 08:03:11 PM »

Agreed. No way that mild is a one-time use. Still probably run you $75

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2022, 07:33:43 AM »

So an interesting rumour around Haslab.

Take this with a mountain of salt because there is little corroboration from any reliable source.  (Supposedly it comes from an artist who lost out on the job)

So.......

The rumour for the next Haslab is a Classified Dragonfly.

It would have Wild Bill and Airborne, plus a flight stand.  It would, supposedly, be 3 feet long and 10.5" high.  No mention of tier unlocks, or other figures.

Again take it with a large grain of salt.

So if this is true I would be in, depending on the price of course.  Great choices for figures, and I would love to have it displayed squaring off against the HISS.  However the dimensions worry me.  The length (3 feet) is longer than the Marvel Legends Sentinel is high.  That is a lot of horizontal shelf space needed.  They the height is almost as big as a 1/6 scale figure (12").  That is not short by any stretch.  Finally the blades will be a #$%^ to display.  Because if you try to have any sort of dynamic display, where the blades don't just line up directly with the body, you need even more shelf depth to display.   Unless of course you hang it from the ceiling.

Anyway, we'll know something soon if the past year was any indication.  When the Haslab Rancor failed in late 2021, they tried the Inquisitor Lightsaber the next spring.  Then the HISS came along shortly after (summer).  Since the Skystriker and HISS both funded, I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro tries for another Joe Haslab this spring.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2023, 10:51:19 AM »

Has anyone gotten an update regarding their Haslab HISS tank?  if it is to ship Fall '23, that leaves 21 days.  Usually I get a notification about shipping info, etc.  But I have heard nothing.   On the website it lists it as unfulfilled.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2023, 01:26:29 PM »

Well they did have a deadline of last Friday for people to update their addresses before the HISS ships.  So that should mean they will start the process this week.

I also saw online some reports that people are getting shipping label generation emails from FedEx.  So maybe that means they'll start shipping in the next week or so for some people?