JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: The Adventures of Joe Canuck! (ongoing discussion)  (Read 43606 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
The Adventures of Joe Canuck! (ongoing discussion)
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 09:44:23 AM »

I plan on starting chapter 3 this weekend. I'm going to open my Cobra Mountain play set (finally have a reason to open it) just in case someone else doing another chapter wants to keep continuity and have similar backgrounds as other chapters. Totally up to whoever makes future chapters. This doesn't mean I'm not going to be using a mess of customs 'cause I am. My take is each different city can have different offices of Joe agents.

I've been think about this a fair amount and I think it would be cool if we could work on something Loop wanted to do at Joe Canuck before. If possible I think it would be cool to shoot a future chapter of this story at the next Joe Canuck meet. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 10:23:52 AM »

I liked the idea, Loop even set up a base camp scene, and then nothing. I can't tell you why, but no one took even a shot.

Maybe we needed to write the script first.
Updated!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 12:50:03 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
I liked the idea, Loop even set up a base camp scene, and then nothing. I can't tell you why, but no one took even a shot.

Mike was too busy playing wrestling and my camera battery died. No one else brought a camera.

-  :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 10:05:50 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""

Maybe we needed to write the script first.

I wouldn't mind helping set-up the camp again for next meet, the tools are still here. Just as long as more people would help participate. I'm sure we'll have even more people coming to the meet, especially from the States.

PS- I'm heading to the UK from the 12th to the 19th...maybe I'll bring my Joe Canuck and Black Ice along and create some side story.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2006, 10:56:32 PM »

Quote from: ""Agent_Loop""
PS- I'm heading to the UK from the 12th to the 19th...maybe I'll bring my Joe Canuck and Black Ice along and create some side story.

THIS month?

See if Dave cvan get his shots done and the travelling Joe figure to you before you leave!

It would mean that our little figure has now been to 3 countries within a month, and by 3 different people!
Mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2006, 08:57:40 AM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
Quote from: ""Agent_Loop""

THIS month?

See if Dave cvan get his shots done and the travelling Joe figure to you before you leave!

It would mean that our little figure has now been to 3 countries within a month, and by 3 different people!
Mike

:shock:  Er, I'll try my best but I haven't even unpacked the figures yet and was hoping I could score a set of Bob and Doug Mackenzie at this weekends toy show so my cast isn't locked in place just yet. That would mean I'd have to get the little man in the mail on Tuesday, October 10th. I can't make that promise but Loop, PM me your address just in case I can get it done. I know I won't have the story made but I'll try to finish with the pictures.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2006, 11:10:33 PM »

Dave,
don't try to rush it...I'll have my spare Joe Canuck just in case it doesn't make it to me. But it would be cool to see the same figure travel around the world.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2006, 10:19:30 AM »

yeah, sorry about that Dave.
I didn't mean anything by it - I just thought it would of been cool to have the same figure travel overseas.

Take your time - seriously.
Mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2006, 04:26:22 PM »

I have my Oktoberfest shots done and my intro shot but not the beef of the story. I could probably get him to Loop via Purolator, next day service and then he could ship him back to me when he gets back to finish but the down side is that's going to start getting expensive (probably end up costing me $20.00 in shipping once with purolator and once with registered  mail for the second time mailing). Still, I understand how cool it would be to have him go to England. In fact, a small part of my dio story has a reference to England.

What do you guys think? I'll need feedback tonight.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2006, 04:58:21 PM »

I think it would be completely worth it, even if we'd be ignoring the list yet again.
Updated!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2006, 05:47:11 PM »

It's up to you Dave...I'm set in bringing Covert Black Ice with some of my field agents to the UK. $20 seems pretty hefty and it would suck if you spent that money and it doesn't get to me by tomorrow. Thursday I won't have time to stop by a Purolator office to pick it up. The Purolator they get me to pick up my package is quite a far distance from my house and the opposite direction from the airport.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2006, 07:25:28 PM »

Ah nuts. I was hoping they could have it taken to your house. I'm not going to be able to get him to you by Wed. I was thinking Thursday. Well maybe you could work it into your story that air Canada lost his mask on his way to the U.K. and he had to wear his spare (ie - the head we all have).

I liked the idea of him hitting another country. Maybe we can get a list of when people are travelling to cool places for the future. I keep telling Sheryl that in 6 years when we hit our 10th anniversary I want to take her back to Jamica. I'd love to see Joe Canuck (winter outfit and all) on the sandy beaches there.