JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Poll

Who 'should' be the real owner of the MOC Joe Canuck Figure?

1st person that won it should STILL get it.
- 6 (50%)
2nd person that won it should have it.
- 1 (8.3%)
3rd person that owned it via a 'trade' should own it.
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closes: March 19, 2038, 09:14:42 AM

Author Topic: The MOC Version of the Figure.  (Read 24937 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
The MOC Version of the Figure.
« on: February 08, 2004, 02:07:21 PM »

Ok.... I think it's pretty clear that what happened last night at the meet royally pissed me off during it..... I'll admit that 100%.

But last night when I was 'finishing up' at the store, and all day today it keeps bugging me.

Here's what's bugging me.

1. Someone else originally won the figure.... however since he never came back to the meet, we did another draw for it. Is that really fair to him? It's not his fault he couldn't make it back in time..... he loves Joe just as much as us, and would of liked to of won it as well..... It bugs me that we drew another name when 'technically' he won it fair and square. (Except he wasn't there).

2. The person who won it the second time also won it fair and square - only because the 1st person wasn't back yet......

3. The 'trade from hell' as I'm calling it...... shouldn't of happened - PERIOD. If the 2nd person that won it didn't give a crap about it and was willing to trade it off, then he should of never entered the raffle in the first place. - OR.... when he won it, refused it and we would of drawn again. The '3rd' owner was the same as everyone else that attended..... NOT the winner of the figure. I think we can all agree on that - but don't post a reply yet.

In my opinion, the 1st person who won it SHOULD own it.....
Is that fair to the second person that won it?
If 'whoever' won it, traded or sold it, would you be angry with them because YOU wanted it for your own collection?.....

Just things that are bugging me, and I feel 'tainted' the Joe Meet.

So..... Since the figure is with me right now (needed to take a better pic of it), I'm curious what others think. Don't reply to this thread - unless you want to..... but PLEASE take the time to voice your opinion in the poll. No one will know which one you voted for.... and it will help me 'resolve' this in my mind.
Thanks guys.
Mike
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 01:09:27 PM by Guest »

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 02:30:05 PM »

I'd love to vote... if there were an option to.. All I see are results...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 02:46:49 PM »

How about now?.......

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 02:51:17 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
How about now?.......

Works.

Gee... 1 vote, wonder what I voted?  :roll:
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 02:58:41 PM »

I see three votes..... only two poeple (so far) have replied to this thread... so I have no clue which one you voted for. :shifty:

Once I talk to all three involved (feel free to post guys), I'm hoping we'll be able to resolve this..... since I've gotten some Private Messages and emails about this already.
Mike

Crimson Viper Commander

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/zardossk/crimson/crimson.html
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 03:04:38 PM »

Was it ever said that the winner had to be present to win?
b]Crimson Viper Commander[/b]

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2004, 03:15:21 PM »

Not officially......
Not before we did the 'draw'.
After the draw, and everyone looked bummed out (and some even said 'he's not here!), we gave him until the time he said he 'should' be back by and then did another draw.....  to which the person that won it that time, traded off the item for something 'much' easier to get ahold off...... If the 2nd guy didn't want it, he shouldn't of bothered getting tickets - 3 other folks didn't get tickets for that reason - they didn't want it.
Mike

airedevon

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2004, 03:20:10 PM »

Mike,

I understand the sentiment of wanting to keep the MOC figure in Canada...

But this is a TOY -- a figure!  a fun piece of history!!!

Threatening bodily harm to my son to keep it in Canada was definitely NOT COOL!!!

As to who should get it....

Well, you essentially "stole" it from my son --  I don't know why you should have any decision making powers over it!!

You made a big point before the con, letting everyone know that you needed to be actually present to get a convention figure -- Taht seemed VERY important to you!

By the same token, you made the decision that in order to win the raffled MOC figure, you needed to be present...

The first person, wasn't there, so he forfeited..  (That's hard, but it's reality and it's only fair - everybody else went by the rules!!)

The second person who won it, Deadshot, won it fair and square - and once it was his, it was his to do as he pleased!!!  Even if you don't like his choice.  It is HIS choice!!!

He opted to trace it to my son, Colin, because he knows how much Colin wanted it - the lengths to which he had done everything in his power to get to the convention - and he knew that, by letting Colin have it, it would be featured in my upcoming book and the CXanuck Con and Bounty Hunter toys would get lots of great press!

I think it was really decent and cool of him to do that!

Bottom line, Deadshot won it fair and square -- Whatever he wished to do with it was his business and not yours or any one elses!  

What you did to my son, was REALLY WRONG!!!

Here is a teenager - a highschooler -- out on a cool trip to make new friends and just overall have a great experience -- and you first try legalese on him (Hasbro said it couldn't be sold and trading it was tantamount to selling it...  By the way, was Hasbro really involved in the production of the figure -- if so, that's really cool!)

But then you threaten to jump up and down on my son's belongings and "smash everything"  and then to smash my son!

All in the name of keeping a figure in Canada?????

My son is a cool kid and I am so glad that he surrendered the figure to you rather than risk escalating the violence--  Maybe the police should have been called in - but it is over - you took it from him.

Deadshot has his red Crimson Twins, I am going to pick Colin and his buddy up at the airport pretty soon, and hopefully, put this behind us.

By the way, if it was so important to you to keep the figure in Canada, why did you let Colin participate in the raffle?  He bought 30 tickets!

Why not let everyone know ahead of time:  Canadians only!

airedevon

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2004, 03:22:03 PM »

I apologize for my typos in the above post!!

I can't find a way to go back in and edit...

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004, 05:51:05 PM »

I can not find the edit button either?it is not appearing on my screen??

Here is my take...and I can only speak from what I have read here?.so I am neutral in this as far witnessing the whole thing.

First things first?if there were no rules for the contest I say ?Shame on you Bounty Hunter Toys??always make some rules so these thing do not happen.

Second?No rules means No rules and if Bounty Hunter Toys does decide to change the rules then so be it?no going back, no guilt, no worries?let it go, it is done. The first person lost fare and square.

Third?the second winner owns the item as soon as he won it and can do what he wants with it (unless the rules said that he had to agree to keep it?but there were no rules so its his)...he should have traded to me?but whom ever he did trade it to good for him!

Forth?threatening any person with bodily harm is silly?and not cool?if this really happened then I would suggest a huge apology be made to the people threatened (I can not imagine going to another country and being threatened by the locals?that?s pretty scary?and if you?re a kid who is being threatened?well ?wow?and if it was me I would have laid charges right there as you can not do that according to the law in Canada) and an apology should also be made the people who witnessed this incident at the ?Meet? and now the whole Joe Canuck form as I am personally weirded out by this.

If the above details are incorrect then I apologize for any people who I might upset by making a public (Joe Public) comments. This is just my take?and I am sure that once this is resolved things well get better for those who were affected by the whole thing.

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 06:20:46 PM »

I think it isn't worth all this bullshit, but that's just me.

As far as I am concerned, there never should have been a 2nd draw.
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

airedevon

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 06:33:26 PM »

The thing is.... there WAS a second draw - That's just the simple fact!  and it was Mike who decided to have it.

As to why is it worth all this fuss?  Colin just got home and he and Blake have now given me more details--  The threat of violence to my son was actually much worse than I thought!  Mike is a big guy and was up in Colin's face yelling and ready to punch!!!

Mike had previously taken Deadshot out of the room and bullied him as well -- Deadshot came back into the room white as a sheet!

Several people left the con because of Mike's screaming--

Yes, I would say this is worth talking abou!!

Mike, do what you can, man, to make this right.  I have received emails and you have upset a lot of people!