JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HASBRO Q&A - FALL 2008  (Read 7739 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: HASBRO Q&A - FALL 2008
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »

11 posts? That's it? Guys, we have 24 more hours. Let's show them that we're deserving of being added to the Q&A. This is pathetic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 11:02:41 AM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Nearly a year ago, we (Canada) was told that HTS would start shipping to Canada. Transformers, Star Wars, GI Joe collectors and others have all been waiting for HTS to finally start this. Can we please get a 100% honest and solid answer on WHEN items listed on HasbroToyShop.com will start shipping to Canada? We would like to spend our money, please let us.

Note that HTS is a completely separate arm of the company from who we are asking the questions to. The people that answer it might be able to dig up some information with a phone call, but I bet they won't be able to guarantee a 100% honest answer, because it's not something under their control.

I work for the government - but I can't lower your taxes or get your potholes filled. You can ask me about it, and I might be able to fish up an answer, but there's no way that I could get it done for you or make any authoritative statement on behalf of the people that are responsible for those things.

So cut em a break guys.

:chicken:

Actually don't.  This has been an ongoing question/concern/problem with HTS for more than 3 years now.  I would have more sympathy for HTS/Hasbro in this situation if they were the first company to be trying to ship to Canada from the US.  However there are dozens of smaller brands who do ship from the US to here (L.L. Bean to name one) without a problem. 

The HTS shipping to Canada situation is now a joke.  30 millinon+ people and they can't be bothered to make the effort?  Sorry, but I am tired of hearing about this from them.  They need to say yes or no definiitvely now, it is enough and quite frankly very poor work by a multinational corporation.

Sorry for being so blunt, but if anyone from Hasbro does read this board, then you really do need to take a step back and ask yourself why the second largest toy company in the world can't do a simple thing like ship to Canada while other smaller companies have no problem with this.  Especially since you already have an online store set up.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »

The hoses on the Wraith arms are very fragile, and occasionally break right out of the package. Is there some way that I can get my broken figure replaced? Has Hasbro considered recalling the figure? 

Amazon has announced a "simple" packaging initiative where they work with suppliers to come up with "hassle free" and more environmentally responsible packaging. Has Hasbro considered being part of this?
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

seanm2577

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 11:47:01 AM »

For Hasbro USA

Will there be anymore Target exclusive vehicles released before the movie hits theatres

Will there be either a Killer Whale, bridgelayer, dragonfly or skystriker release

There have been way too many snake eyes releases and some major omissions in the rereleases. Are any of the following carded figures anticipated?

Quick Kick , Dr. Mindbender, Zandar, Zarana, Recondo.

Snake8Storm

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »

Question 1: How come most Canadian stores if not all (especially walmart)only seem to have gotten the Hiss Tank and way way too many Serpentor/ Armadillo vehicle packs.

Question 2: The quality on some of the comic two packs that I have come across seems to be cheaper looking (the figures are cheaper looking) than that of the normal figures, is there a reason for this?

Question 3: Will Canada see the release of the other Toyus R US five packs that were not yet relaesed up here (Cobra Night Watch, and Snakeeyes VS red ninjas).

Question 4: Why dosen't Hasbro ask Canadian customers which vehicles we would buy if were only going to get a select few, and push sales of those instead? Hint hint Rattler

Question 5: If were not going to ever see a Canadian release of the DOC figure (despite being a second run in the states and having new arms retooled for it), can we have a Canadian only 25th line exclusive at retail, or mail order offer for one.

Question 6: Will we see any variation of the Canadian card art, say a differnt three figures shown on the front for joes/cobras. The other art is getting old, although better than the no card art ones. It still hails in compairison to the american card art.

Question 7: If american product that we really want won't be release in Canda or shipped to Canada off of HTS, how about a deal with Target online to ship the joe stuff to Canada. If not everything at least the Target exclusives as I know pretty muh all of us would definitly buy multiple rattlers if availible in Canada. I would, can't afford to waste a trip to the states to find nothing, and refuse to be scalped for one on Evil bay (as I've seen it called), or from over priced online stores.

:cobra:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:31:26 PM by Snake8Storm »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »

Quote from: "Snake8Storm"
Question 7: If american product that we really want won't be release in Canda or shipped to Canada off of HTS, how about a deal with Target online to ship the joe stuff to Canada. If not everything at least the Target exclusives as I know pretty muh all of us would definitly buy multiple rattlers if availible in Canada. I would, can't afford to waste a trip to the states to find nothing, and refuse to be scalped for one on Evil bay (as I've seen it called), or from over priced online stores.

Target doesn't ship to Canada either.

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 11:13:43 AM »

- Will there be any 25th anniversary product shown for the first time at ToyFair in spring '09 or will the Hasbro presentation focus on the movie line only?

- Can you confirm how many waves of each product line (Singles, Vehicles, 5-packs, Combat Heroes, Mighty Muggs) we will see in 2009?

- Has any Canadian retailer picked up the Ultimate Battle Pack Target exclusive?

- Wave 1 vehicles are currently clogging store shelves.  Have any vehicles beyond that wave been sent to Canadian retail?

- Wave 1 DVD Battle packages are currently clogging store shelves.  Have any DVD battle packs beyond that wave been sent to Canadian retail?

- Can you provide any updates on a full release of the original Sunbow cartoon on DVD?

- Are there still efforts under way to re-acquire the rights to the original animated movie?

- When and where can we expect the Hall of Heroes figures to be revealed?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 11:36:11 AM by Storm.Shadow »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »

Will the G.I.JOE resolute cartoon be picked up by a Canadian station such as YTV or Tele-Toon?

Any plans on changing the international packaging artwork for 2009?

Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »

- Are there any more (new) female characters coming?

- Can you shed any light on the rules around bringing English only product into Canada? 

- Are there any more classic Vipers in the works (aside from the Alley Viper)?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 12:02:31 PM by Storm.Shadow »