JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Bay finally admits "Transformers 2" was a bad movie  (Read 3338 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Bay finally admits "Transformers 2" was a bad movie
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »

I found this while searching for the Baroness story.  It does talk about RoC at the end of it.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsmoviecricket/51388464-66/bay-movie-critics-transformers.html.csp

Bay finally admits "Transformers 2" was a bad movie

Published on Mar 8, 2011 01:30PM  0 Comments
Michael Bay is now acknowledging what 80 percent of America's film critics already told him: The second "Transformers" movie sucked.

"It was kind of a mess, wasn't it?" Bay, who directed the 2009 blockbuster "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," admitted to The Los Angeles Times.

Yes, it was a mess, Mr. Bay. It was an "overblown special-effects train wreck" with offensive characters (remember the jive-talking Autobots?) and lame humor, as The Movie Cricket wrote then. It scored a lowly 20 percent on the Rotten Tomatoes critics' aggregator site.

Bay is making his late mea culpa as part of the marketing for "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," which opens July 1. It's Bay's third movie based on the shape-shifting Hasbro toy line.

“Look," Bay continued to The Los Angeles Times, "the [second] movie had some good things in it and it was entertaining and it did very well, but it also failed in some key ways. I learned from it. And now with this third movie we’re going back to basics and I absolutely believe this is going to be a much better film than the second one.”

What Bay and its studio, Paramount Pictures, don't want to remember is that they were really ticked off at the critics back in 2009 for daring to say that "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," as successful as it was, was a bad movie.

Paramount was so angry that the studio decided not to show critics its next Hasbro-based action blockbuster, "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" before it opened in theaters.

With Bay's admission, no doubt Paramount will be sending its apologies to those critics any day now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

gunghoeddie

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Bay finally admits "Transformers 2" was a bad movie
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 01:05:12 PM »

i didn't think it was so bad, perhaps if i'd spent my time watching the movie and not megan fox i would have a different opinion  :wink:

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »

I'm the same too...

Lurking

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 01:16:52 PM »

We're 3 then..

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 01:21:34 PM »

haha I saw it with my office, we were like well, Megan Fox running in slow mo, with a big Robot Battle alone made it worth watching.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:02:18 PM »

The movie would have been fine by me if one of Devastor's balls would have fallen on Shia.  :shifty:
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
The movie would have been fine by me if one of Devastor's balls would have fallen on Shia.  :shifty:

+1 for that!  Shia has ruined a lot of movies for me.
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 11:08:06 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"

+1 for that!  Shia has ruined a lot of movies for me.

Me too...I have this argument with one of my friends about how bad Shia is, he adamantly defends him...bleh
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:44:51 PM »

I found the ball humour ripped me out of the movie.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 10:47:24 AM »

Shia is a very bad actor..I saw that Wall Street movie recently..man that was a piece of crap!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:45:08 AM by 5h4rK »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 11:01:06 AM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
Shia is very bad as an actor..I saw that Wall Street movie recently..man that was piece of crap!

I loved the original movie so much that I knew that this was going to suck, that's why I have not seen it yet. 
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:04:58 PM »

Not trying to defend Shia here, but the Indiana Jones 4 movie wasn't that great of a movie as its predecessors, and Shia's acting wasn't much to blamed for that, IMO. He may have annoyed me in Transformers but surprisingly, not in this one.

On another note, I was having a conversation with my latinwife the other day as we were wondering who could do a great Baroness. And the first name that came to her mind was... Megan Fox  ::)
2 + 2 = 22