JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: G.I.Joe action figure rating sheet!  (Read 2811 times)

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
G.I.Joe action figure rating sheet!
« on: October 19, 2005, 12:25:26 PM »

Probablly a silly idea but I was thinking it would save me some time deciding what condition figures were in that I might be trading for...have a look:

G.I.Joe Grading Sheet
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 10:25:14 PM »

hmm lots of hits...not one word? :shifty:

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 09:08:45 AM »

No offense, but why not just use ratings like C7, C8, C9 etc. The only reason that system doesn't work is because nobody uses it properly.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 11:58:10 AM »

And that is why people should not use it...to much is left to guess work and I was hoping that the one I made up has gotten rid of all the guess work. How many times have you seen a figure rated C-9 and it has a broken thumb? Yes the person does not know how to use the system?but that in it self means the system is not user friendly?!?!!

The whole system of C-whatever is flawed...not that I really care as this is just something I made up for fun and I am not walking up and down in front of the toy shops demanding a new system but I really think the C system is junk and a brainless exercise that causes many a bad trade...several of which have come from this board with guys who can not even tell the difference between c-5 or c-9!!?!?!
 :shifty:

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 12:44:30 PM »

For the sake of argument (I'm playing Devil's Advocate here since you're asking for feedback) let's say I'm selling a lot of 150 figures. I have my C- chart with me. C10 - perfect condition, C9 - minor wear, all joints tight, C8 - some wear, maybe one loose joint etc..

So I look each figure over, give it a shake to check for loose joints. I take an average of 20 seconds per figure. We're looking at an hour of grading - not very long at all.

Suppose I want to examine your 7 criteria AND select a value from 1-5 for each part. It's going to take almost 7 times as long to grade my lot. Almost 6 hours!!! If I'm a lazy sod (because the non-lazy people will know how to use the C-grade properly) I'm not going to be spending 6 hours grading a lot of toys that I just want to get rid of.

Just some feedback.  :thumbsup:

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 03:52:31 PM »

Yup your right...this would only work for trading or selling in smal amounts...like one figure! But I still think it is better than the C- rating...giving him a shake to see his loose limbs  :shifty: !

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 04:19:18 PM »

giving him a shake to see his loose limbs

It's what I do. Turn your Joe upside down, if the arms drop and the legs fold at the knees, you have one loose limbed figure!!! :)

Your system is good for high detail, but the same people who would pay such attention to detail would probably give a good indication of the figure using a C-grade.