JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: ML Beta Ray Bill = Broken Ray Bill  (Read 2619 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
ML Beta Ray Bill = Broken Ray Bill
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:22:35 PM »

I am now on my third figure  :-[

The first I didn't notice was broken in the package - snapped at the leg.
The second, while attempting to put the hammer in his arm his right arm came off in my hand!
The thrid - and I am giving up on getting a figure that isn't broken - leg broke when trying to move the leg for the first time - and I took extra care as I knew in advance that he was more than fragile!

I am going to see what toyBiz will do, but really I think I am stuck with a figure with a hot glued leg that won't move.  What a downer for this being my last experience with Marvel Legends from ToyBiz.

BTW - Spiderwoman is also very fragile.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: ML Beta Ray Bill = Broken Ray Bill
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 08:39:40 AM »

I'm getting sick of the limbs popping off the joe sized marvel figures. I picked up a Mr.Fantastic / Mole 2 pack last night 'cause I saw it on sale. I can't move Mr.Fantastic's arms without them popping off. Sure they go back on, but damn am I sick of not being able to move his arm forward without having to pinch the shoulder.

One thing for sure. When my son hits his toddler stage these figures will be kept out of his reach. I can see a child chocking on one of these very easily.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 11:25:48 AM »

rant

Ok, I've been holding this back a long time, but I have to say it.

I hate Marvel legends. I hate the sculpting (especially the Mr. Burns hunchback necks), I hate how the articulation is too tight or too floppy, and I hate the fragility of the figures. I hate showdown even worse, because everything that's true for ML is doubly true for MS.

And what I hate most is that I keep buying the stupid things because I want joe sized Marvel figures.

/rant

- :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »

I am probably not going to continue with the Hasbro Wave of figures - they would really have to be stuning for me to put any more money out.
And I really hate the femail figure sculpt that is being used for Emma Frost - it was the same for SpiderWomand and Wasp and several other femail figures - it really sucks and it was the best female figure sculpt to date.

As for SuperHero Showdown - I didn't mind the little guys that much, the first series arms and legs fell off if you looked at them, but I havn't had a problem with the figures that came out after that.
On another note - I was in ToysRus today, and they probably had about 6 of the varient Mr. Fantastic/Mole Man packs - that is the only varient I have ever seen for the little Marvel Legends.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 09:33:43 AM »

Wait, the mole man pack is the varient? Mole Man sucks. His cape drowns out his pea sized head.

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 12:05:57 PM »

I think the Mr.Fantastic/Moleman variant pack has white highlights on the costume of Reed instead of black.
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »

Yeah sorry - whit trim Mr. Fantastic is the varient, black trim Mr. F is the normal one.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 10:58:44 PM »

Speaking of Marvel Varients. i picked up the varient "sentry" figure today for $13.99. My thought was "Hey, sort of looks like Outback" so there is a good chance he will get the 6 inch joe treatment. Just wondering before I opened him, are these guys hard to find?