JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hasbro Marvel Legends @ Winners  (Read 2845 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Hasbro Marvel Legends @ Winners
« on: February 09, 2008, 08:35:27 PM »

Don't know if anyone is interested in these still
But Wave 1 of the Hasbro series of Marvel Legends is available at Winners for $5 and change.
The winners I was at had Hercules, Banshee and Emma Frost. - Basically the figures that are warming the pegs at Walmart and Toysrus.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends @ Winners
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 05:41:22 AM »

I thought this would happen sooner or later.  My closest Wal-Mart has just Banshee and Emma, but have not dropped prices.

I'll have to check the 2 closest Winners out.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »

Today blew my mind.
So it was crap weather, but my wife saw something at Winners/HomeSense that she wanted to pick up so I went along for the ride.

I went back to the toy section to pick up the Marvel Legends for my son, when what leaps out at me, but the Fantastic Four Ronan Build a Figure series!
WTF - I couldn't find these in Canada, I was late getting to the snail for the few they had.
I finally was able to find Mr. F, Thing and Torch while driving around the US, and then on a separate trip I was able to find MoleMan and Silver Surfer, and then nothing for 2 or 3 months.  Then today, at a store that is for product clearance, I find the short packed-impossible to find figures, Dr. Doom and Namor!  Again...WTF?
I am still missing Invisible Woman and I don't want to pay Ebay prices ($20 plus $8 shipping), for a figure that should have been available at retail in Canada but for some strange unknown reason are not.

Sometimes the toy distribution system, and the world in general does not make sense to me.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 09:02:31 AM »

I know!  I saw them too!  I was finally able to get a decent Surfer.

I'll look out for a Susie for you.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 02:20:17 PM »

I prefer this version of the Silver Server to any of the other versions to date. - however I did like the magnetic feet and surf board from the Original Marvel Legends version.

I also forgot to mention that they had 1 of the 25th anniversary Wolverine figures that was exclusive to ToysRus for $5.99.  I picked him up as I had passed on him when we was at TRU, I thought the whole silver paint for the 25th anniversary was kind of lame - why not, strive to make the best wolverine figure to date with retractible claws that are not bent as a way to celebrate 25 years of wolverine.  I guess it is easier to take an existing mold (no expense) paint it all one colour (makes for a cheap paint application) slap it in a prefab package with new artwork and then sell it for $16.  I did however forget to mention the "Limited Edition" sticker - that must of cost something.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:56:18 AM »

Quote from: "akpayne"
I am still missing Invisible Woman and I don't want to pay Ebay prices ($20 plus $8 shipping), for a figure that should have been available at retail in Canada but for some strange unknown reason are not.

If you're talking about this one Aaron :

Then you're taken care of. I was in Winners today and literally plucked that out of the case.
It was the only one.
You can grab it from me at the Joe Meet, you want to wait.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 02:48:31 PM »

Hot Damn Mike you the man!
Now the question is can I wait till the meet?