JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Marvel Legends 7 and Fantastic Four  (Read 9490 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 7 and Fantastic Four
« on: October 31, 2004, 06:30:30 PM »

Picked these up from BountyHunter on Saturday - WOW, Invisible Girl has 40 POA. I wish all of the female marvel characters could be redone using this body design - Elektra/Rogue/Pheonix was to fragile in the upper body, and the legs just didn't move properly.
Dr. Doom is great looking - the same as his other figure however (new head sculpt)
I like Things hands/fingers this time around, the bendy one were interesting but didn't really work.
Human torch is great - however his neck is a little funny, and he has limited head movement.
The let down is Mr. F -  I never folllowed any of the unlimited series, so the new head sclupt doesn't do anything for me - make him look smug and goofy.

Herbie is funny, but a waste of plastic, the same goes for Franklin - interesting that they gave him some ball jointed limbs.

As for the Series 7, Ghost Rider is clearly my fav - followed by Appoc.
Great sculpt - and an even better cycle - fire makes everything look better!

Wish Apocalypse had some inter-changeable arms, or a better base

However I was surprised by IronMan, I was expecting him to be the dog of the series, but I like him - the mold is the same as the first time around - however they have added to it in all the right spots.  And I don't mind the fact that his head isn't all the way exposed when he has his gear on - I would want some extra protection too, if I had a rocket strapped to my back.

Wolverine/Weapon X I find to be the lamo figure in thet set - I mean play value is in the toilet, how many times can you act out the injecting of adimantum (sp) - and from my memory the wolverine at that time frame didn't have any other marvel hero's/villians to fight.

The attention to detail on Hawk-Eye is great. Now I want Scarlet Witch and She-Hulk!

The downside to these new figures in my opinion, there wasn't enough wall mountable bases - I am running out of Shelf Space.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Marvel Legends 7 and Fantastic Four
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 09:20:38 AM »

Hey Aaron! Why not leave these reviews on the BHT site!!!
:-)
Mike
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »