JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New "custom" BAT in Red Shadow theme  (Read 6537 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
New "custom" BAT in Red Shadow theme
« on: January 03, 2013, 07:59:25 PM »

Have you see this:

Looks great!!

Not sure how to get these...

GI.Suicide

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: New "custom" BAT in Red Shadow theme
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »

Man I painted a few of my scrap bats just like that like a month ago.
They are not pro or anything like that, I was just killing some boredom by putting some scrap parts to use.
I swear my Idea was practically the same thing. I'd love to post the picture and show ya but I tried last month and could not figure it out so I just gave up. If anyone feels like explaining the picture posting part of this site it would be greatly appreciated.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »

They are not pro or anything like that, I was just killing some boredom by putting some scrap parts to use.
I swear my Idea was practically the same thing. I'd love to post the picture and show ya but I tried last month and could not figure it out so I just gave up. If anyone feels like explaining the picture posting part of this site it would be greatly appreciated.

You need to host your picture in a Picasa / Photobucket / Flickrr / ... album. Then, copy the URL of your picture. Use this button and paste your link. The process is almost the same in all boards.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:36:35 PM »

You need to host your picture in a Picasa / Photobucket / Flickrr / ... album. Then, copy the URL of your picture. Use this button and paste your link. The process is almost the same in all boards.

Just want to add some to Martin's explanation:

Before posting, make sure that your picture is already uploaded on another site like the ones that Martin has mentionned.

Second, when creating a new post on the boards, click on "insert image" in the menu ( it shows up on your screen as an Icon as Martin already showed it to you: ).
After clicking, the following will appear in the text box: [ img ][ /img ].

Copy paste the URL in it as follows:
[ img ] paste the URL of picture here [ /img ]

You should be able to view the picture when you preview your post. Works everytime for me.
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 02:55:38 PM »

if you use photobucket, once your pic is uploaded onto there, go to your album where it's uploaded, mouse over the picture and a set of options appears underneath the picture and if you click into the bottom one PB automatically copies the [img] tags and the URL and then you simply right-click and select paste in the post box and it drops in the code for you.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »

now, back on topic... these BAT looks great. But price is higher than before  :'(

The.Black.Major is no more selling these. It's now a new guy... with new prices...

GI.Suicide

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »

Alright Thanks for the info guys I think i figured it out.
here are a few snap shots of my crimson Bats

What do you think? They arent finished yet but it only Took me like 30 mins each guy. Im planning on figuring something out for their blank chest but I dunno what to do any ideas ?

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 01:59:07 PM »

I would say "I'd like us to observe a minute of silence for that C.o.r.p.s.e", but I can't stop laughing at it! Call me cruel. That's a great idea for reusing Bats that no longer have chest stickers. I prefer your solution than buying repro chest stickers to restore classic BATS. It looks unique and It can be very affordable to make a ton of these. You should re-post it in the customs section though.
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 07:03:56 PM »

Just buy the stickers and back packs off the Black major:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gi-Joe-Cobra-Custom-B-A-T-S-Backpacks-for-1986-Gijoe-BATS-lot-of-X-3-Back-pack-/321033611951?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4abf182aaf

The stickers are not exactly the same as the original but they are then next best thing I've personally seen. I have 15 of his knock off BATS.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »

Anyone getting one? Will he ship to Canada? I'd be in for one if anyone knows/wants to split shipping.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 07:33:47 PM »

Anyone getting one? Will he ship to Canada? I'd be in for one if anyone knows/wants to split shipping.

I can hook you with one... for less than eBay price  ;)

We will meet at the CJC...