JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: it's too bad but...  (Read 3919 times)

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
it's too bad but...
« on: May 31, 2004, 08:51:29 PM »

nothing seems to be happening joe wise around here. We are a few Montrealers here now and none of us seems to have found a joe "source" recently.

What's going on? We have the legends, but thing have been quiet over there for a while now. I know that there's action-collection in Longueuil which had a few vintage figure last time I went...

Guys, I'm afraid we need to reorganise ourselves  :shifty:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Say no to AFA.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
it's too bad but...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 08:51:27 PM »

Reorganize ourselves how? If you mean set up connections with the States as a group to make sure we all acquire our Joes at fair prices, I'm game. I was hopping for at least three Troops Builders, but am having trouble getting a single one. And I'll be damned if I don't get a gaggle of the comic three-packs.

If you mean pressuring Legends to carry more supply, I'm not really up for it. All collectors have different tastes. I'd only be interested in vintage figs at reasonable prices and new RAH style. I doubt Legends would jump at the chance to meet our individual needs, nor do I think we'd get deals as good or quality as dependable as we can get through trades and direct purchases.

And if you want to open a Joe themed store, I'd say good luck, I'll support you all I can as a customer, but I can't invest in that kind of thing right now.

So what did you mean?
Updated!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
it's too bad but...
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 09:27:48 PM »

actually I have no ideas...

I sure dont want to open my own store nor wish to pressure the Legends. I know they have already enough troubles to get the actual lines. As for vintage, they do buy some occasional collections once in a while, but thats it. I've heard of another store in Montreal that opened recently, but I forgot the name...

I think that we'll have to rely on online store for our vintage needs.
Say no to AFA.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
it's too bad but...
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 10:30:45 AM »

I think Joe is something on a small scale for Legends.
I know Steve and them are more into Star Wars, so that could be why they don't seem to get much - then again - I've never been there ......... and only met Steve and Jose once.
Mike

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
it's too bad but...
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 10:43:59 AM »

Jeez Redmao, I never realize your avatar had an animation! Caught it out the corner of my eye and thought I`d gone mad. Damn ninjas always messing with my head.

But more on topic, I think we could start a Montreal trade group. Start a mailing list between us and share our lists of wants. Whenever we happen upon something on someone else`s list, we let them know about it.

I`m liking my idea. I`m so smart. :)
Updated!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
it's too bad but...
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 01:12:18 PM »

hehe my avatar is blinking because he's alive... I made it that way...

Mike is right, Legends main focus is SW. Too bad for me I'm not a SW fan :)

Your idea is really cool! I'm in. That list would allow us to get what we want
Say no to AFA.

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
it's too bad but...
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 08:23:48 PM »

1/3 of legends is SW stuff. As for joes, there really isn't any place in montreal where you'll stumble upon a gold mine of joes. You'll even be lucky if you can find a place that carry any joes at all. I know a few years ago you could walk into any comic shop and find lots of joe stuff since everyone was parting with their collections, but it's hard to find vintage stuff now.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
it's too bad but...
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 08:50:35 PM »

I know. Even the Salon du collectionneur that happen every year seems to lack some joe figures. I remember the first time I went they had a bunch of cool joes at good prices. Two years later...ZIP, nada, nothing joe related... its sad.
Say no to AFA.