JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: ToyFaIR 2010  (Read 5526 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
ToyFaIR 2010
« on: February 14, 2010, 01:12:53 AM »

YoJoe has a bunch of pictures up from the 2010 ToyFare.  Highlights:

Yes, we are INDEED getting Resolute 7 packs this year!
Joes: Duke (Siberian Assault), Snake Eyes, Beach Head, Flint, Stalker, Scarlett, and Roadblock
Cobras: Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, Resolute Alley Viper, Firefly, Zartan, Baronness, and Destro

Those figures all look great...with the possible exceptions of the Baronness and Destro.  Baronness's head looks enormous, and Destro's looks too small.  Hopefully they'll fix that in the final figure.  But these look like great sets!

Pursuit of Cobra looks to pick Joe back up where the somewhat lackluster RoC line may have hurt it.  A lot of the figures look flat INCREDIBLE.  And we get new, updated versions of characters like Dusty, Beach Head, Alley Viper (looks like I'll have to buy at least 10 of those) and Recondo.  

I'm all about the vehicles, and I'm definitely NOT disappointed there.  Some stuff we already knew we were getting, like the slightly updated Snow Cat and Cobra Rage (called the Fury now).  We're also getting the Resolute HISS, but in the Pursuit of Cobra line (it appears a lot of the line is focused around the Joes' attempts to counter the new HISS).  

But there's a LOT of new stuff, too: Highlights for me include a HEAVILY reworked and badass looking SkyHawk, a four seater Jeep/Hummer style vehicle called the Bravo Vamp (with a new Clutch), Cobra & Joe battlemechs (gotta looove those mechs!) and something called the Doom Cycle which I will have to buy at least four of and customize for my Dreadnoks.  There will FINALLY be motorcycles in the Joe line worthy of the Dreadnoks!  

As LeVar Burton would say, "But don't take MY word for it...see for yourself!"  
http://photos.yojoe.com/showgallery.php?cat=681
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 08:59:46 PM by olyeller01 »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: ToyFare 2010
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 02:24:24 AM »

I'm guessing that Baroness looks weird because it seems that Hasbro reused the body from the 25th Cobra 5-pack which had a funny neck. The rest of the figures look awesome except for Storm Shadow who doesn't look all totally new to me. But the rest is Wow!

EDIT: I managed so far to say what I thought about the Resolute figures that I forgot about the rest of the amazing stuff!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 12:15:52 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

silentdusty

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • Crusty Ol' Master Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
    • Diowarriors
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 06:15:59 AM »

Agreed, alot of the PoC stuff they have show is great.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Silent Dusty

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 08:47:48 AM »

for the most part looks like i can get into the new figures, cant wait for the new alley viper.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Stratos

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/Stratos
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »

I'm definitely excited for the Resolute 7-Packs and any new SE & SS!   :cobra:
Current Wants (01-14-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:11:49 AM »

Very cool stuff indeed!
Say no to AFA.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »

I wish they did more with the Resolute Storm Shadow.  And why the Metal Gear Solid and Prince of Persia looking design of the POC figures?   My fav. is the new Dreadok and cycle.  I'll be very disappointed if the new HISS is a funny colour other than black.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

DJinvasor

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »

The figures were pretty good but some of the vehicles won me over.  i love the skyhawk and the awe striker.  Kinda disappointed on the mail away cobra commander.  They are saying it will be a chase figure now instead of a mail away in limited quantity.  thanks alot hasbro >:(

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 02:32:41 PM »

I thought it was a variant card for CC to retail, but there was still a mail-away.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: ToyFAIR 2010
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »

Lots of meh for me.

Resolute packs look nice for what they are, but since the cartoon wasn't that great, I'll pass on these.

I kinda like the direction of PoC, it's modernized versions of the old characters. Better than the movie figures since they seem to be giving each character a bit of their own personality/design, more so than the movie. A few figures look nice. But I'm likely going to pass since I am not really interested in yet another reimagining of the originals. Cool for those who are interested in another continuit, but just not for me.

And absolutly no love whatsoever for classic collectors. Did I not see a Q&A say there would be some classic figures coming? Alpine comes to mind. Hopefully comicon will reeal something?

So unless I find a couple of the cool looking figures on a TRU 2 for 1 sale, I'll be saving lots of money this year. :)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 04:21:20 PM »

TOY FAIR - not Fare. That lame-ass magazine should never be confused with the Toy FAIR. ;-)

Stratos

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/Stratos
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 06:34:26 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mikeā„¢"
TOY FAIR - not Fare. That lame-ass magazine should never be confused with the Toy FAIR. ;-)

I enjoy ToyFare.  Then again, I'm old school and like CDs and DVDs... and not downloads.
Current Wants (01-14-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!