JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Price check on a vintage Jammer (UK Stalker)  (Read 2413 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Price check on a vintage Jammer (UK Stalker)
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:49:19 AM »

Hey guys,

I'm looking for more than 2 years for a nice (just nice, not MOC) vintage Jammer. Since this year con was making one, I was hoping this new fig would be a great replacement for my vintage need (and less expensive). But I don't like his new version. So, I'm back to square 1... I'm still looking for a vintage Jammer.

I got an offer for $100. He looks great... but it's a lot of money. Is it really that kind of money I should expect to spend to get one?

Do you know UK (GI Joe/Action force) forums where it can be easier for me to find one for less? 

Martin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Price check on a vintage Jammer (UK Stalker)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 02:56:02 PM »

Hey Mart, ask your question on the bftb website (BloodForTheBaron), one of the coolest site on the net! They know everything 'bout that stuff.. Maybe you'll find a nicer Jammer for a better price there!!  :wink:

5h4rK

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 03:36:59 PM »

www.bloodforthebaron.com/phpBB3

is that $100 Canadian?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 04:23:32 PM »

Quote from: "Sundance"
is that $100 Canadian?

Yes, $100 cdn. I would say about 75£. I know it is in the range, but still a lot of money...

I just registered to BFTB, so we will see what will happen. Keep looking for me!

Martin

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »

Hey Martin,

I know this isn't directly related to your request, but I did a UK Jammer variant custom not too long ago that you could easily emulate if that pleases you or can help you save some serious trouble trying to find an original. Heck, I could even make one for you if you ask me  :). But still, something tells me that this is probably a figure you'd want to own as an original, and not just a place holder in your collection until you get the real thing. Still, the offer is on the table if you want, check it out and let me know what you think:

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/index.php?topic=3882.0
2 + 2 = 22

DJinvasor

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 11:48:55 PM »

Hey Martin,

That is actually a good price for one.  I paid $150 for mine a couple of years ago. I am sure he is still a hot seller.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 12:12:16 AM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Hey Martin,

I know this isn't directly related to your request, but I did a UK Jammer variant custom not too long ago that you could easily emulate if that pleases you or can help you save some serious trouble trying to find an original. Heck, I could even make one for you if you ask me  :). But still, something tells me that this is probably a figure you'd want to own as an original, and not just a place holder in your collection until you get the real thing. Still, the offer is on the table if you want, check it out and let me know what you think:

Very nice looking, but I want the real stuff!  ;D

Martin

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 12:17:59 AM »

Quote from: "DJinvasor"
Hey Martin,

That is actually a good price for one.  I paid $150 for mine a couple of years ago. I am sure he is still a hot seller.

You were not supposed to tell me that. You were supposed to tell me that with the new Jammer made for the 2010 con, all the vintage one lost their value and you were now willing to sell yours for pennies  :P

At least now I know that the price is in the range... and knowing is half the transaction (actually sending the money is the other half...  :wink:)

Thanks!

Martin

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 12:24:54 AM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Hey Martin,

Very nice looking, but I want the real stuff!  ;D

Martin

I kind of guessed that would be your answer but I just couldn't help it!

If you want the real Action Force deal, Steve from Toy Wars manages to get a few from time to time and he sells them Moc and loose. You should call him and ask him if he can find you a Jammer.
2 + 2 = 22

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 10:41:46 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
Quote from: "Sundance"
is that $100 Canadian?

Yes, $100 cdn. I would say about 75£. I know it is in the range, but still a lot of money...

I just registered to BFTB, so we will see what will happen. Keep looking for me!

Martin

The figure is around the 100 range.  However, I know the two variants cost more. 

I bought my first Jammer (mint in bubble) for 40 bucks.  That was many years ago. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67