JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Toyfare #139. GI JOE articles.  (Read 1464 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Toyfare #139. GI JOE articles.
« on: January 17, 2009, 01:15:15 PM »

I just finished it today and I am surprised there isn't a thread about it since it covers a couple of things about the movie, the toys for 2009, Resolute and pictures a movie toy.

I know there are rules about posting images, articles, intellectual property, etc.  So I will just post my two cents, and avoid spoilers.

The first article is with Ed Verreaux who is the production designer.  Apparently he worked on E.T. and Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Anyway, the article goes into a few details, especially interesting was a tidbit on how Duke & Ripcord end up on the Joe team.  An interesting, if somewhat worrying article.

The second article is with Ellen Mirojnick who is the costume designer.  Again some great insight into the costume process and the reasoning behind it.  I think the Storm Shadow reasoning is quite sound and reasonable.  Confirmed by her is the speculation that the "Accelerator" suits will be partly CGI.  However, the article does lead me to worry again.

The one movie toy pictured is the Scarab with a new Motor Viper who could easily be used in the 25th line.  The Scarab is a Hummer style SUV in black with weapons and a shielded windshield.  It is a nice toy, with little to make it seem "futuristic", but rather just a modified SUV.

The article on the upcoming year for the toys and Resolute were both good reads, and it looks like another good year ahead for us Joe fans. 

NOW,

The reason I said the movie articles worried me.....let me just say I have been an avid supporter of the movie and telling people to wait and see before jumping to conclusions.  However....

Both articles mentioned that the production was organized under a time constraint, with approximately half the usual time taken (or less) to get the production going.  On top of that, the production designer mentioned a few times that the movie was constantly being written during production, another worry.  Finally, if you read the article, the tone from the production designer throughout, does not inspire confidence in me.  For the first time I am actually concerned about the movie's success.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »