JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 485857 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #384 on: April 11, 2024, 12:47:01 PM »

The increase in prices at TRU is insulting.  It isn't like the stock is flying off their shelves.  And with the current case assortment of a single figure per case, there are going to be some serious peg warmers.  They need to learn how to discount and move stale merchandise.  Target is the king in the US at getting older peg warmers to fly off the shelf.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 11, 2024, 03:04:21 PM »

The increase in prices at TRU is insulting.  It isn't like the stock is flying off their shelves.  And with the current case assortment of a single figure per case, there are going to be some serious peg warmers.  They need to learn how to discount and move stale merchandise.  Target is the king in the US at getting older peg warmers to fly off the shelf.

Well they have done a pretty great job of shrinking the boys toys section down by half so they can add in their HMV section!!!!   Good job!!!!  I mean HMV is such a strong brand the easily survived the early 2000s and downloading/streaming right?  So why not double down on that in a kid's toy store!!!!   Makes perfect sense to me.  What could possibly go wrong??  I mean look at all the books they have been selling.  So many that they shrunk that section down and moved it away from the prime real estate near the front of the store.  A sure sign of success.   

Anyway.....

Just got my latest order from Amazon.  I had preordered the Techno Viper (x2) a while back with a gift card.  So I got them for less than retail, even the recent price drop Amazon had on them.  Surprisingly I didn't get a notification for them, but I also just ordered Airborne and 60th Action Soldier with another gift card and all 4 figures came today in one box.

Wow.  Good job Amazon.  I am used to multiple boxes/shipments with different orders when it would make sense, and save money, to ship them all together, and you did just that.  Chalk one up for logistics this time.

Techno Vipers are great, as usual.  Airborne is surprisingly fantastic in hand.  I liked him from the start, but in hand he is just more strikingly than the pictures made him out to be.  Can't wait for the Dragonfly to arrive later this year.  60th Action Soldier is great as well.  I'm not a big fan of the figure itself, or the camo pattern, but man all the accessories and soft goods really make this figure stand out in the Classified line.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 12, 2024, 08:03:45 AM »

Agreed on the 60th figures - the accessories are the selling features.  The figures I don't really have a desire for, and the price tag of a deluxe figure has left me skipping them.  But if they ever go on sale (maybe on Amazon) I would grab them.

Techno-viper is a great figure, just wish the hose was a cm or two longer.   And yes Airborne is way better in hand,  not a single quality control issue, and the paint applications are crisp.  Only gripe is his gun.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 17, 2024, 05:37:29 PM »

Just snagged a Big Boa from TRU with a 25% off coupon.  Came out to just over $36 after tax so I saved a couple bucks compared to regular retail price. 

Man is he a great Classified figure in general, but just even moreso because of being Big Boa with his zany look.  I love the unmasked head and bloody wrapped hands.  And the weights!!!  If only they could have given us the punching bag/stand that would have put it over the top for me.  Although I know that would have raised the price.