General Section > Customs

Custom Flagg

(1/2) > >>

TheCheznit8:
The link is to pics of the HMCS FLagg im working on.  So far I've only completed a cardboard mockup of the tower, and havent started building the Flagg yet, but its a start!

http://www.joecustoms.com/board/showthr ... ?tid=34824

TheCheznit8:
The Flagg will be too large to make the 7.5 foot long hull into 1 single piece, as was my initial plan.  So im going to section it off, roughly into 4-5 pieces.

Actually it will be 8 pieces, because the Hangar (second floor) will be 4 pieces, and then the crew level (first floor) will be another 4 pieces above it.  That way I can easily move it and get to the different sections of the ship.

I hope you get the idea of what im saying, but if you dont, I am going to draw out my revised plans and then post them on this site and 2 others.  

Im also going to take a break for a while, work on some of my customs, im going to need an army to man the carrier after all :)

This means I wont start gathering materials for at least a few months.

Thanks for looking, and does anybody know how to build staircases?  Im going to need a few for this sucker.

Cheznit8

sniper:
Probably depends on what materials you are using, but lets say for instance wood.  I am guessing 45 degree angle cuts into solid material on a mitre saw would work very well to carve out the stairs.

TheCheznit8:
hmmm, thanks for the tip.  I was thinking about the metallic staircases in submarines and ships, that aren't a solid one-piece deal though

TheCheznit8:
well here is the newest draft of the sections of the Flagg.  there are 3 levels (deck, Crew level and Hangar) plus the 2 levels of the tower.  

Approx. 4 feet in height, 8 feet in length.

What do you guys think of the design?

I really need some input and your ideas will be appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version