JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Saturday @ Bounty Hunter Toys  (Read 10248 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Saturday @ Bounty Hunter Toys
« on: July 26, 2006, 11:42:54 AM »

Had to edit my post if it's now a start to a thread about Mike's big blowout sale this Saturday. So with that said, hope you all clear out Mike on Saturday! I'm sure he should have mind blowing sales on what he's got left.

I'm wondering what will happen to the $2.00 bin. Prices will probably be silly on that (if Raptor has even left anything in it).

So, if your not broke or busy, clear Mike out. I'm sure he doesn't want to bother moving stuff to his house.  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:38:57 AM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:35:28 PM »

Yeah, go and steal Mike's closing day thunder with your "everything in my life will be changed forever" and all that "like magic, I have added to the population, instead of slowing taking away from me".

Pete, I think it's safe to say you have one of the top five GI Joe collections in Canada, and it would be a boon for the nation if you put it on display.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 02:35:18 PM »

Pete hinted at it, Loop mentioned it - I'll confirm it.

The two BIG Black metal showcases at the front of the store (the ones with the four foot tall G.I. Joe Logo on them) are going to Pete.

I've had MANY people offer to buy them from me, but I've wanted Pete's collection to be in there instead.

Sorry to anyone else that wanted them.  I'm dying to see that top portion just filled with Army builders. ;-)

If he has the means this Saturday, he can take them then - if not he'll take them on another trip.

But yep - THIS Saturday is the last day. Oh and Ryan, - you should drive down for the last day!.... Even Kadarle came down this week! ;-)
mike

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »

I wish I could. July 29th is my birthday, and I have a big day of waterslides and wrestling planned. What sucks is that stating Monday, I have a week off. Even with QEW traffic, a week's plenty of time to go to Hamilton and back.

But Kadarle, man, you should have told me you were going! There're a few things I'd have had you check the $2 bin for! Not to mention the mini figure pack ins that I'm collecting.
Updated!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 05:55:55 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
Pete, I think it's safe to say you have one of the top five GI Joe collections in Canada, and it would be a boon for the nation if you put it on display.

Not size wise.  I have seen some collections that would dwarf mine.  But terms of diversity.....I am in there.  

And Mike, I have a van at my disposal.  So I should be able to pick up both shelves on Saturday.  And as per Mike's request, I will have to fill them up.   That is going to take some time. lol
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 09:48:18 PM »

Yeah, go and steal Mike's closing day thunder with your "everything in my life will be changed forever" and all that "like magic, I have added to the population, instead of slowing taking away from me".

Ouch. I'm going to assume that was said with a smile and no malice and not dwell on it.  :thumbsup:

Hey Pete, if there are bigger collections out there, do you have pics and do you have any links to them? I always like to check out other collections out there.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 01:52:58 PM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""

Ouch. I'm going to assume that was said with a smile and no malice and not dwell on it.  :thumbsup:

I was hoping the tongue would show in the cheek when I suggested you were killing people over the years. But looking at my quote, I said "instead of slowing taking away from me" when I meant to say "slowing taking away from it." In any case, nothing but sunshine and friendly ribbing intended with that one.
Updated!

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 08:42:19 PM »

Man  I was totaly gearing up to go to  the store this Saturday, but iI cannot financially do it.   This is big bill  week.. got paid  and  most of it is allready gone.. sad  but true.  I havn't even gassed the car up yet which stinkc  cuz If  I had the gas  I'd  go,  cash or no cash.

Well If I stumble into some cash.. or sneak my  Bright Yellow work van  away,  who knows  maybe I will be able to show up....

:thumbsup:
Zinthos.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 10:19:21 AM »

Car pool, take out a loan.

;-)

Also guys, I split this off from the thread it WAS in.
It got so off topic that it deserved it's own spot.

Mike

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 07:08:55 PM »

I'd like to make it to the closing sale, I could set aside $40-80 to spend, but nobody I know of is planning on going that way.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 08:31:51 PM »

I am going to try and be at the store. However with buying new house 3 days later - I won't be bringing large sacks of money - I really wish I had some alrge sacks of money with the $ symbol on the side!  The more I think about it, the more I don't know how I could miss the closing of my favourite store of all time!

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »

Wait a minute...
Montrealers were going and no one though to invite me?
 :(
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....