JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Second CanJoeCon Vehicle  (Read 5983 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Second CanJoeCon Vehicle
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »

Due to unforeseen circumstances outside our control, we will be unable to offer the 2nd smaller vehicle for our 2012 Convention set by the convention date. As a result, sets will now cost $175. Those that have pre-ordered a con set will be given a $5.00 refund at the convention upon pick up of your set, or a full refund of your purchase should you wish to cancel your pre-order. The 2nd vehicle was originally projected to cost $5.00 to produce, and was a last minute addition to the set with no increase to the cost. Final costs came back MUCH higher however, and we had to pull it. We will elaborate more on this during the Staff Q&A at the convention, however we can not go into the details of it at the current time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

- CJC Staff

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Second CanJoeCon Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 11:24:12 AM »

Just too bad!
To be honest, the conset is so great and i think we don't realy need this second vehicle.
You did a great job on this set guys, congratulation again.
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:26:37 PM »

Sad to see it not have the additional vehicle :(  But the set is already amazing as is.  Just wondering, is there going to be an empty slot in the Box foam because of the cancellation?
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »

Sad to see it not have the additional vehicle :(  But the set is already amazing as is.  Just wondering, is there going to be an empty slot in the Box foam because of the cancellation?

No. The slot will now hold all the weapons, the HATE Scout Gun, and H.A.G.A.R attachments.

pluv

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • JoeCustoms.com
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »

That sucks because I'm sure it was going to be cool.

roger dodger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 05:03:10 PM »

That's OK. These things happen. You've still created a super set and I can't believe anyone will take you on the full refund offer. I'm looking forward to getting this awesome set!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »

That's ok. The set should already be awesome just with Joecanuck and Black Ice by themselves. Anything else just became a bonus to my eyes. It would be cool if some details of the concept for the "would've been" second vehicle could be revealed exclusively during one of the panels.

So far, great job on everything CJC team.
2 + 2 = 22

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »

No worries!  Like how everyone else has said the Con Set is Great as is.... No need for the second vehicle
Lurking

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:08 PM »

I'm curious to know what was that vehicle...  ;D

MJjoe4life

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 09:23:49 AM »

It is a great set even w/o the second vehicle.  The figures are awesome and the HATE Scout is awesome!!!

Blitzkrieg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed that we won't be receiving a second vehicle for the 2012 set, but if my hunch in the comic preview thread is correct (and based on the initial estimated cost to produce the mystery vehicle, I believe it is), it's the part of the convention set that I'd sacrifice to ensure that we get the awesome other vehicle and stellar figures.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. I don't even want to imagine the level of frustration you're feeling from it. I'm still looking forward to picking up my con set.

Blitzkrieg