JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Oreobuilder's Customs Vault - Daily Updates  (Read 12708 times)

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Oreobuilder's Customs Vault - Daily Updates
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »

I like them all.  They are nice.  I did mine a lot more simply in that I made my Stall brothers without paint and used their original heads. 

I do like what you've done on yours though, but your Barrel Roll is my favourite of the bunch.

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 11:03:05 PM »

After a break of a few days to take care of some personal stuff, here are a few new customs.

These are part of my ''Spare Parts Brigade''. I wanted to see if I  could use up some of those RoC Neo Viper bodies that I had lying around. This is what I came up with. The idea was inspired by the VvV Black Dragon Ninja (http://yojoe.com/action/05/blackdragonninja2.shtml) as well as Black Dragon - the convention figure (http://yojoe.com/action/03/blackdragon.shtml). Althought my versions are far from a direct copy of the originals, I'm pretty happy with the result.

Comments are always welcome.

OB

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 09:38:41 PM »

Staying with the ninja theme a little, here is my version of Slice. Since I hate painting red, I used Red Ninja as a base and swapped out the arms and feet for Cobra Diver. The reds match up really well and make the custom completely playable.

Comments are always welcome.

OB

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:36 AM »

I love both. First off, SLice is just awesome. I want to copy that and next time I see a Cobra diver for cheap, I think I will. Great work.

The Black Dragon I like because it's more proof that the RoC Neo Viper body is the greatest figure ever to build off for customs.

Excellent work!
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 01:56:01 PM »

Damn!  I just traded my Cobra Diver!  Never thought of doing this for my Slice.  I just left the Red Ninja arms on him.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »

love the last three customs you did.  whose legs are blackouts originally?

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 09:47:48 PM »

Thanks guys. The Diver arms aren't 100% compatible with the Red Ninja torso. The ''knob'' that connects the arms to the torso needs a little cutting and ajusting to make it fit, but it's a simple enough fix.

B, Blackout's upper legs are Reso Duke and the lower legs are RoC Neo-Viper. More proof that you're right about the Neo Viper's custom potential, Mogardee  :)

OB

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »

Thanks guys. The Diver arms aren't 100% compatible with the Red Ninja torso. The ''knob'' that connects the arms to the torso needs a little cutting and ajusting to make it fit, but it's a simple enough fix.

That's not a big issue for me.  I had to shave off alot of the knob and even widen the upper arm hole when I was modding the Duke arms onto my Sneak Peek custom. :)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 02:32:24 PM »

That's not a big issue for me.  I had to shave off alot of the knob and even widen the upper arm hole when I was modding the Duke arms onto my Sneak Peek custom. :)

Been there, done that. The hardest part of the CJC 2011 convention set this year was the arm swap for Captain Ruin. The Winter Tele Viper gloves / lower arms were too large for the Winter Scrap Iron upper arms. Eventually I just took my dremel to every Winter Scrap iron upper arm and made the hole a touch larger. That and boiling and popping 500 arms was not fun. Burned my finger tips pretty good on that job.  :(
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 09:26:33 PM »

Been there, done that. The hardest part of the CJC 2011 convention set this year was the arm swap for Captain Ruin. The Winter Tele Viper gloves / lower arms were too large for the Winter Scrap Iron upper arms. Eventually I just took my dremel to every Winter Scrap iron upper arm and made the hole a touch larger. That and boiling and popping 500 arms was not fun. Burned my finger tips pretty good on that job.  :(

I got tired of boil n'pop. Now, I use my girlfriend's hairdryer instead. It takes less time and is dryer   ;D

OB

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »

So, how many of you saw this coming? Couldn't do Slice without Dice. And since I won't be getting the sub, here is my take. I used a darker shade of purple than the Club's version, but it's mostly the same recipe (except the torso).

Anyway, feel free to comment.

OB

nighthawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 12:32:08 PM »

Sweet!  So much better than my Slice and Dice.