JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Marvel Legends 11  (Read 2308 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 11
« on: September 29, 2005, 08:35:30 PM »

Wow - Marvel Legends 10 - was a fantastic wave of figures - no sticky joints, no crap paint apps.  Near perfection in every way.

Marvel legends 11 - the complete opposite.  
Wonderman, Ultron, Task Master - have legs/hip joints that will not move - the hot water trick didn't work, nothing has so far, they are almost to the point of breaking off, from me trying to get them to move.
Thing - his arms out of the case were completely loose, can't do anything but hang at their sides.
Logan looks silly in his unposeable plastic coat.
Vengeance - fire flame hair wasn't attached, fell off the head out of the case - appeard glue wasn't even dry - when I tried to simply put it back on his head, his head fell off!
The only figure I really don't have a problem with is Hulk Buster Iron Man - my only compaint about him is the fact that his glider thing is silly.

First Wave I am afraid of getting the chase figure in case he is broken out of the case, and when Scarlett Witch finally arrives in Canada, I am hoping she sill be a bit better.

Anyone know did they Rush Wave 11 to come out at the same time as 10?  Has anyone else had any Quality Control problems with this wave?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Marvel Legends 11
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 09:05:48 AM »

Hip joint on my Taskmaster is so loose he can't really stand on his own. Forget about "poseability". I was also comparing the faces on 'em in the store and they are distinctly different from fig to fig.

Toy Biz QC is awful. I look at their figs in the store and see mis-paint after mis-paint after mis-paint.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 11
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 06:11:51 PM »

Are they hand painted or by machine?  If it is by machine I don't get it.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 11
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 08:00:49 PM »

Ml11 was rushed--there's no doubt about it.
Wurd that seems to be floating around is a now-closed factory in China was crapping out the wave and did a so-so job on it.
Some of the figures are okay, some are not-so-okay.
Wonderman is fine to me, at least my version is ( Add the shades from the X2 Cyclops for a really neat looking Wonderman accessory) and Vengeance is just awful.
Some figures, like Ultron, obviously suffer from last minute design changes--note the head and lack of neck articulation--and some really amateurish paint apps.
 The rumour is that a new factory was brought in to make the latest runs ( ML12) and the expectation is that the figures will be much better looking from this point on. Actually, early word is that they are.