JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Marvel Legends 12  (Read 6864 times)

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 06:57:02 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
You could always do the 'money order' route. :-)
Mike

If I could actually get to a post office during the week, I would be doing that now. Thats the problem with not living in the same town you work in and not driving. And unfortunately friends and family have all tapped out their cards for Christmas. Can always start ordering in the new year.

Arrow, thanks for the tip. Amazingly at my financial counseling session, the guy I had to meet with recommended getting a secured card to try and build credit back up. And actually its not a full 7 years now, everything in the bankruptcy is supposed to be wiped off your record after 6 years. I was told to check my credit reports at the 3 year mark to make sure the only debts being added since the bankruptcy are ones that I know I have accumulated since then. Then check again just after the 6 year mark to make sure the debts covered under the bankruptcy have been wiped off.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2005, 08:32:22 AM »

Just picked these up from Bounty Hunter Toys yesterday - and I have to say, after the terrible problematic wave 11 - wave 12 is back up to par.

Here is what I think is the good

Bishop - great figure - I don't have any negative comments for him - detail/paint app is all above par on this guy - his facial sculpt alone is one of the best so far.

Maestro Hulk - another large piece of plastic - great sculpt and great paint.

Iron Fist - Was never a big fan of the character - so probably the week point in the wave in my opinion.

X-23 - strange that this one is the purple figure and the variant is the black costume - I thought the figure was going to break the moment I had here out of the package as she is so skinny - but I was surprised - she is probably the best put together female figure so far.

Sasquatch - I wish we could get the rest of Alpha Flight but I don't that will ever happen - the figure is great, the shoulder articulation on this one is different than any other marvel legend so far, and it really works for this figure - really gives a sense of strength and flexibility

Wolverine - we might be the best wolverine so far - the claws are actually straight, and the extra little POA in at the top of his boots, and swivel wrist really make this figure fun to pose.

The Bad - and these are minor complaints compared to Wave 11

Wolverines belt - when put the swivel there? the split X looks really weird if he is twisted.

Sasquatch - none - other than I think I now want the variant figure!

X-23 - it might just be me, but here head appears a little too large.

Iron Fist - he has very large shoulders that distract from the figure unless he is in an attacking pose - his left hand is also kind of in a funky slapping or "karate-chop" pose.

Bishop - none -wish he came with one or two more weapons so that I could give them to Cable.

Maestro Hulk - his hat doesn't really stay on very well, but he looks OK without it.

My only Major complaint about this entire line is Apocalypse - I only remember him ever getting really big in one X-Factor comic (21 I think with Archangel)  but even then that doesn't really bother me that much as how doesn't like a massive action figure that you have to build yourself.  My main complaint is I didn't get all of the parts - Maestro Hulk came with an arm, but no rubber hose to connect to his back!  I really want that hose!  Here's to hoping that I can find another collector that doesn't want to get the entire line, and doesn't want to build Apocalypse.

Stupid Toy Biz, it could have been a damn near perfect wave.  And the more I look at these figures, the more I want all 5,  yes that is FIVE of SIX, variants.  Bounty Hunter has them in stock, I just couldn't drop any more money this close to Christmas.  I really wasn't expecting this line until Feb. or March.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005, 10:38:13 AM »

Just read this on ToyBiz.com

It has been brought to our attention that the bonus piece that comes with Maestro Hulk is missing. The missing piece is a tube that connects Apocalypse?s left arm to his torso. If you have recently purchased a Maestro Hulk and are missing this tube, please contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-728-2018 for replacement. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I will be calling them on Monday morning to see if they can do anything for Canadian customers - so maybe Toy Biz isn't as bad as I originally said

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2005, 02:59:04 PM »

Quote from: ""akpayne""
And the more I look at these figures, the more I want all 5,  yes that is FIVE of SIX, variants.  Bounty Hunter has them in stock, I just couldn't drop any more money this close to Christmas.

All but Bishop now.
He's spoken for.

LMK on the variant Sasquatch........ I consider him a 'Wedigo' type of fella. :-)
mike

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2005, 07:38:59 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
Quote from: ""akpayne""
And the more I look at these figures, the more I want all 5,  yes that is FIVE of SIX, variants.  Bounty Hunter has them in stock, I just couldn't drop any more money this close to Christmas.

All but Bishop now.
He's spoken for.

LMK on the variant Sasquatch........ I consider him a 'Wedigo' type of fella. :-)
mike

I have yet to see a pic of any variant other than X-23 and Bishop. By that Wendigo comment, am I right to assume the variant Sasquatch is white?

And if the back of the card is right then there is only 1 Maestro. Purple outfit and black outfit X-23, white Sasquatch (AKA Wendigo), normal brownish/orangish Sasquatch, red and green Iron Fists, bald and has hair Bishop and finall Wolverine with mask on and with mask down. Right?

I wish someone would make a good up to date checklist of all ML figs (best I found so far doesn't cover 12 and only lists Trenchcoat Thing from the first Best Of.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 12:47:59 PM »

I just called their customer service number, and sure enough they took the info, and will ship out the missing piece once they become available.

The become available part worries me a litte- does that mean 1 month or 14 months?  Either way, they did take my mailing address and home number - so far so good.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 07:07:12 PM »

I just received my Apocalypse hose from Grand today.  They sent it in less than a week from the time I called.  The Quebec plant has them if anyone still needs one.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 08:25:55 PM »

thats great news. I just got my set   and  need that   hose now.

Looks like i have a phone call to make tomorrow.

I don't  usually go for Variants  but  I am  going to  try and get the White Sasquatch.    I figure   instead of using it as Wendigo.. i'm  going to uise it as the Great Beast  Tanaraq.. or as the  Exiles .. Heather Hudson version of Saquatch.
Zinthos.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 10:44:21 AM »

I'm sure that the build-a-giant pack-in pieces are helping sell figures by the case and regulating case-ratios, but I have to say they deter me as a casual ML fan. I've picked up the odd figure and regularly see others that interest me. Bishop, for example, was a character introduced when I was first making my own money so able to buy titles regularly instead of just picking up the odd issue. So he's one of the first characters I saw fleshed out from the beginning.

But I know myself. If I bought one, I'd want to track down the whole wave. Sure, I could easily trade off individual pieces if I was buying a figure that wasn't as popular (Deathlok comes to mind), but it would be after much internal mulling. I'm still waiting for a wave where every figure and the giant wow me. It might happen soon, since Marvel Legends are among the few toys that exite me on my visits to TRU.
Updated!

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 12
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 03:05:45 AM »

That's the funny thing about the various ML waves, those oddball figures that no-one seems to be really interested in turn out to be the best ones in the wave--or the line.
Deathlok is a great figure, as is Doc Strange, FA Thing, Manthing, X-23 etc.
Some of the figures I had ZERO interest in ( X-23 again, Deadpool, Cable Maestro etc) ended up being purchases for various reasons and I rather enjoy each of them. Some are just great figures--it not interesting characters. I told my supplier last year to just get me one of eachof the regular versions, then I switch to just some of the waves, then ended up getting one of each anyway.
Now I've gone back to one of each again in earnest.
I'm just loving this line--best toys I've collected in a very long time.