JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Batman 3 has a title! THE DARK KNIGHT RISES!  (Read 3788 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Batman 3 has a title! THE DARK KNIGHT RISES!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Quote from: "SnowHawk"
Maybe they will go with Adam West's idea and have him come back as "Uncle Batman"   :lol:

That would be amazing.... Adam west back in the film would be a nice touch and well deserved.

No. Adam West as a person is rude and doesn't deserve it. I recall a story where (might even be from someone here) where a guy was in line to get Adam West's autograph. West was charging $20 per shot and the guy had a poster with the whole cast and everyone else had signed it. The guy told Mr.West that his was the last autograph and then it would be complete. Adam West wanted to charge this guy extra since his was the last to complete his collection. Something like $100 or something like that. The guy walked away with no autograph.

Ever since I heard that story I have lost all respect for Mr. West. Let him stay on family guy.

As far as Bat Man goes, keep Adam West far far away. Adam West and "Batman" have nothing in common other then ego, but Batman is cool, so he can get away with it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 01:53:25 PM »

WOW, I did not hear that what an @hole. 
Lurking

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 02:12:33 PM »

That story has been going around for years.
I've also heard it about Brent Spiner (Data), Triple H, and countless others.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »

I understand that they want to curb the ebayers trying to capitalize on there fame but most fans actually keep the items not sell it. 
Lurking

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »

My point was Adam West wanted MORE because his name was the last needed to complete something this guy had been working on for a while.

Adam West should be grateful his cult status has kept him afloat and working on projects like Family Guy. If it wasn't for the hard core fans keeping his name alive then he would probably be selling time shares or something like that. He's a has been from a campy 70's show. That was like 40 years ago now. Way to milk that cow.

Brent Spiner, HHH, and the others that are still relevant because of their acting ability might be another story.

Look at Larry Hama. Now there is a class act. No ego, easy to talk with and never looks down his nose at you for being a "fan boy". Last CJC I was talking to him about "Cool Breeze" and asked him why the character was made. Next time I meet him I hope to dig up the issue where Cool Breze is killed off and get him to sign that issue, just because I found it fascinating that Larry made this guy that could have been a long term character but instead made him just to kill him off. o me that made the comic that much realistic.

Back on topic, yay Bat Man.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.